Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PayPal nightmare.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default PayPal nightmare.....

is it me or does anyone else have problems with PayPal? My latest issues was centered around an incorrect e-mail. I miss spelled the sellers e-mail, the error mine and was caught within 2 minutes of hitting send button, and the e-mail address corrected after canceling the first transaction.

PayPal withdrew both transactions into my PayPal wallet, holds both the sellers and my money 3 to 5 business days before I can deposit back into my bank.

It seems after a call to PayPal that the "cancel" button doesn't cancel any transaction, nor can PayPal stop a transaction once it is started! PayPal can take your money but cant seem to give it back in a timely fashion.
    Not to mention my bank charges for each PayPal transaction due to the way it is coded. Postal MO or cashier check from now on fro me.

Post Thanks / Like

Paypal has a huge forum to resolve disputes betweebn buyer and seller...but not to fix any of their own issues...I had a similar issue when I got my CDC stickers from here...I noticed the "ship to" address was showing my old address in WA state so I changed it prior to completing the transaction. They gave Ed (Slab) the wrong address anyway. I contacted him and he immediately sent another package out to the correct address, but now he;s out shipping. I tried contacting paypal through email several times with no luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Only have them for something that is necessary. Had a problem with them years back and still mad about it. Mine was a guy had some one get his card after we did our thing, but before I could do anything they took the money out of my bank account and said it could take up to 30 days. Then had the guy and other talk to them to tell them this was an approved transaction and not one that he was saying were not approved. Not only did it take a long time, but then they hit my account of something like $10 or $20 because of the trouble that I had nothing to do with. Then once they saw this one was fine they gave me the $30 something bucks, but never would give me back their fine and I had nothing to do with the entire thing other than try to collect my money.

Still have them, but mostly if I want something off Ebay or if someone really want to use it for something I will, but prefer other ways.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Never had any problems until now but bought a wedge on eBay. I paid for it thru PayPal and I never received email confirmation after checking when seller contacted me about lack of payment. My checking account shows it withdrawn but he hasn't received it.
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TowboatTroller View Post
    Never had any problems until now but bought a wedge on eBay. I paid for it thru PayPal and I never received email confirmation after checking when seller contacted me about lack of payment. My checking account shows it withdrawn but he hasn't received it.
    Id be pretty chapped about that one...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah can't figure out what's going on with it. I buy at least 10 items month thru PayPal just weird for some reason this time. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1427307392448.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  56.9 KB
    Booners & Bands Lodge.

Post Thanks / Like

EBay showed payed but unclaimed so idk
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TowboatTroller; 03-25-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.

Post Thanks / Like

I use paypal for my business on a daily basis. I've heard of others having issues however I have not had any issues.

I NEVER send money to someone else. I always require an invoice be sent to me and I pay directly through the invoice. Even if it is a transaction between two people (not my business). I've had customers ask for my account so they can send me the money. I tell them to hold off until they receive the invoice and pay directly through that. This way, any error with email addresses doesn't hurt anyone as no money is changing hands and all the customer has to do is login to pay the bill.

I always type the name of my customer and his mailing address into my invoice. It gets confirmed when the bill is paid. For shipping, you have to mark "shipped" within paypal. Once done, it will send an email to the buyer saying the item has shipped. The seller "should" submit the shipping information including tracking numbers.

I track every single order I ship from the time it leaves my hands until the time it is delivered before I ever close the transaction.
    When you first start doing business with Paypal (or you don't do a ton of business) they will withhold money for a certain period of time. After you do more business with them and your transactions become normal, the money in the account is instant.

Hopefully this sheds some light on a few things.
    Basically, IF you buy something from someone, have them invoice you. An email WILL be sent to the email address you provide to them. Once paid, they should also include "shipped" and the shipping information.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes crappielimits, chaunc, rlduckhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The invoice is great advise... I've been a member since 2000 but only do a handful of transactions.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Wicklundrh. I use invoices, it's a record of the deal and eases the transaction. I never pay as a gift or pay anyone's Paypal fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast