Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boo Bushes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boo Bushes

Hey there,I just wanted to share my idea and see what ya think.Used concrete blocks,poured concrete in the 2 holes,placed the boo inside them,(as much as they would hold) and let them set up.I'll have to say they look good.I made the first 2 about 10ft tall,the next 5 are about 5ft tall.Now do you think I can just scoot them off the edge of the boat and they will stand upright? They weigh around 30lbs.Thanks for any and all info.Good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey newlite:

No doubt your bamboo bushes will hold some crappie if placed at the right depth and a good location. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting them to stand up because the bamboo is buoyant and the block will go down first.

For about the same expense and just a little more time and trouble you could use a 5-gallon paint, drywall or hydraulic oil, etc. bucket and make a much wider and taller condo that should hold more fish for longer periods of time.

FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

A larger and heavier base will ensure you your condo will stay standing upright. The five gallon bucket type Jerry mentioned will hold from 15-25 pieces of bamboo depending on their size and it weighs a little more than 60 pounds. They're not hard to sink either. Just lay the head over into the water and walk the bucket off the edge of the boat. It will right itself and go down like a parachute. You will need to build them near something you can bungie 2 or 3 piece of the bamboo to so the condo will stay upright as the quickrete sets up.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the good info guys! I'm coming up with more blocks than buckets.that's why I thought I would try some of these until I get some buckets.The places I fish don't have any water deeper than 10 or 11ft.
    I'm thinking of putting like 15 to 20 of these in about 8ft of water in an area
    the size of a football field.trying to make an area where I can troll,cast,drift,and vertical jig and maybe just ancor in the middle of the area and cork fish.In other words,fishermen friendly.Again,thanks for your time.