Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good scale?

Post Thanks / Like

Default A good scale?

Lookin for some suggestions on a good durable accurate scale. Bein primarily catfisherman in the past our scale is a 100 lb scale and I don't trust it's accuracy with the smaller weight. Ideally a tournament oriented scale/culling system is what we are lookin for and I don't wanna spend money before gettin some input from you guys with experience. Thanks a bunch and hook em in the lips.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen a culling system at Academy sports had a digital scale and the different colored floats to mark the fish. It also keeps the fish in memory so you know the weight by color. I think it was put out by Rapala. I have their digital scale. It seems to be tough and accurate. You can always go low tech with a culling beam.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon.com : Rapala Touch Screen Tourney Scale 15lb : Fish Scales : Sports & Outdoors

Here is by far the best scale I've found. It is very accurate, durable and comes with culling plugs. Trust me, you can't go wrong! Mine is fantastic. YOu can get a 50 lb one also...Amazon.com : Rapala Touch Screen Scale 50lb : Fish Scales : Sports & Outdoors
    Last edited by kickingback; 03-25-2015 at 02:47 AM.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes short grub, yikess, kyjohn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use an electronic kitchen scale, but some of the electronic grain scales for reloading might be worth a look. I've put fish on a beam and they were even, but when weighed in grains they were off by more than 25 grains. I've seen a lot of tournaments that places were .01 of an ounce apart. Twenty five grains is almost .06 of an ounce. Food for thought.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Rapala like DSJ. I use the 15 lb because I have read they are more accurate than the 50 lb for what we normally use them for.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes yikess, kyjohn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

For crappie tournaments I used a cheap postal scale off EBay. Most accurate I found. I even weigh my bluegill and shell crackers with it so I know I am not exaggerating what size I caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickingback View Post
    Amazon.com : Rapala Touch Screen Tourney Scale 15lb : Fish Scales : Sports & Outdoors

Here is by far the best scale I've found. It is very accurate, durable and comes with culling plugs. Trust me, you can't go wrong! Mine is fantastic. YOu can get a 50 lb one also...Amazon.com : Rapala Touch Screen Scale 50lb : Fish Scales : Sports & Outdoors
    This is an awesome scale. Mine weighs just a tad under from the Crappie Master scales they use. its only a 1/4 lb under on a 7 fish total. I would rather it weigh under than over.

Post Thanks / Like

I like and use the Accu-Cull digital scale. It is spot on accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input guys. I had looked at the rapala and questioned the durability of the touch screen and rapala products always seem hit and miss. Good to know this one I actually decent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast