Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add-a-Seat system help needed!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Add-a-Seat system help needed!!

Ok guys I am in desperation mode.....I just went out into the garage and noticed that one of my inserts for my add-a-seat is missing. I have a week of fishing planned in a couple of weeks and will need both seats a couple of those days. The big problem is this company is out of business and now I am in a quandary as to what I can do. If anyone has something that would work or knows where I could find something please let me know. If it helps the opening that the insert goes into is 1 1/4". I have 3 pictures of the setup if it will help. First is shot of the entire system. The missing insert is on left. 2nd pic is of what insert looks like installed and the 3rd is the one with the missing piece. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Name:  addaseat1.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  41.0 KBName:  addaseat2.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  57.7 KBName:  addaseat3.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  67.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I would think you could make the insert from a standard pedestal work ... I have taken them out before when I wanted to shorten a pedestal post ... All I did to remove the plastic insert was heat the metal with a heat gun or propane torch then grip the insert with a pair of channel lock pliers and it should come right out.... Put a little 5 mi epoxy on it and put it in your and add seat pedestal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ljones View Post
    I would think you could make the insert from a standard pedestal work ... I have taken them out before when I wanted to shorten a pedestal post ... All I did to remove the plastic insert was heat the metal with a heat gun or propane torch then grip the insert with a pair of channel lock pliers and it should come right out.... Put a little 5 mi epoxy on it and put it in your and add seat pedestal
    Many thanks....I will definitely try that if I can't find one.

Post Thanks / Like

anybody with a small lathe can make that for you in no time. Get the ID and the OD of the vertical pipe and also the diameter of whatever seat you will use....done.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Seat base bushing.....GrizzlyJig.com has them both kinds nylon or brass.....You need the nylon one I think.....Swivl-eze brand part number #201 $3.95
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Walmart seat pole. Remove insert and use it.

Cray is online now Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Grizzly like G said. They will have it to you post haste. Very fast service.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Is this place great, or what!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Seat base bushing.....GrizzlyJig.com has them both kinds nylon or brass.....You need the nylon one I think.....Swivl-eze brand part number #201 $3.95

Thanks G!! Never thought of trying Grizzly for this....and they are a 15 minute drive from the house!!

Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity did it pull out with the seat?
    It is what it is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast