Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold Front this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold Front this weekend

Does the cold front this weekend have anyone worried? Ive never had much luck fishing in a cold snap but I am going to try it this weekend at Truman. Figure just fish a little deeper water and try and force feed them! What are some tactics some of you veterans use when fishing in a cold front? And don't say stay home!

Post Thanks / Like

In cold weather I just slow down and use grey or chartruse jigs, on stockton, Plan on being on truman this weekend and was reading some old post and I am thinking 2.5 in black and green or blue and green jigs 4 to 10 ft. down,,,, One of the best fishermen on Truman is called 10 ft down for a reason
    Likes Jigging15, smoker LIKED above post

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    One of the best fishermen on Truman is called 10 ft down for a reason
    Beagle they quit calling me that a while back. Smoker it will make for a tougher bite for sure. I think minnows will prevail again this weekend. We may have enough cool days in a row by weekend to get them feeding again. How much rain we get could make a little difference to. Hopefully it is not enough to dirty things up. Cold and muddy is never a good thing. I don't think the shad or fish will leave the creeks even with the cold weather.
    Likes smoker, truman13 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's kind of what im hoping Jigging, I plan to still hit the creeks just ease away from the banks and spider rig some minnows. Bringing a couple ultra lights to incase we feel like going to chase them around. I know its not ideal conditions but the fish gotta eat sometime!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Swing by the weigh in at Deepwater and you will get to hear how everyone caught their fish during the tournament. Should be a good one to learn from. Always cool to hear what we should have been doing it catch fish. I can throw out everything I had planned to fish. I don think the 2-4' of water 1 ft down bite will do me much good. Time to break out the 100mph suit and base layers again. Sucks after wearing short and a T shirt this weekend and getting a sunburn.

Post Thanks / Like

Im hoping we can swing by the weigh in, not sure if my fishing partner will want to get off the lake or not, and we are taking his truck LOL
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post