Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Education, please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Education, please

Well guys and gals to start your New Year off right please educate this old Yankee: I know what Spider Rigging is but what pray tell is "pullin'"? I also know what trolling is up here but I think y'all are doing something other than letting line out behind the boat with a crankbait attached. And what pray tell is "Jigging"? Up here it would be dropping a jig over the side of the boat and jigging or doodlesocking it. Now that I have confessed my ignorance please enlighten me so that when I read all the posts I will know what y'all are talkin' about. Thanks for your help and I, along with about 2/3 of the free world, will see you at Reelfoot in March/April. Thanks again, Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Pushin & Pullin

When we spider rig it is usually off the bow of the boat with heavy sinkers slow troll, verticle fishing or (pushin) as somepoeple call it. Them old boys from down south do alot of trolling with small jigs and pull most of them out the stern or off the side(pullin). Speed, line, weight of jigs, type of crank bait and speed determine depth. Thats how I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

doodlesocking! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Redeye, Thanks for the reply. So spider rigging is pushin' a whole bunch of poles? Now I've got the bow setup figured out. Thanks again, Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Fisnline, Doodlesocking is a short, irregular movement of a small jig. We use it a lot when we're icefishing. Bet you don't do a lot of icefishing in SC. Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sylvan14
    Fisnline, Doodlesocking is a short, irregular movement of a small jig. We use it a lot when we're icefishing. Bet you don't do a lot of icefishing in SC. Bill
    LOL. No, not too much ice fishing down this way. We both learned something today. You learned some southern terminoligy and I learned some northern terminoligy.

Post Thanks / Like

Google Up "Doodlesocking" and you'll find it is used to describe several variations of fishing for crappie, bass and other species.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember my gramps tied a hooked minnow (about 6-8 inches line) at the tip of a cane pole. He would float the pole in the thick brush where you couldn't normally place a pole. When the fish hit the minnow, he pulled the fish back to the boat with the pole still in the water. I don't know what u call this, but I saw it many times during high water and the spawn I think. That's when I think it happened. Long time ago. I never tried it.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Pullin' is what yew dew when yer hung up.

Pushin' is what yew dew when yer fishin' buddy laughs at yew. But if yer a gentleman, yew just tell him to git out of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Smith
    Pullin' is what yew dew when yer hung up.

Pushin' is what yew dew when yer fishin' buddy laughs at yew. But if yer a gentleman, yew just tell him to git out of the boat.
    LOL. That about sums it up.:D