Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: night fishing for slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Default night fishing for slabs

Hi everyone nd tight lines fro another good summer of slabs,

Can anyone tell me about night fishing for crappie(slabs) at that. I fish a private lake thats preaty big, average depth of about 15 foot not to much crappie preassure as to the muskey and bass. I have all the lights floating that is, i guess what im trying to ask is where would be the best place to chase them. theres plenty of bays and sturture. any info on night fish for slabs would be much appertiated. Thanks King Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like you are from illinois from the post.That far north you should be able to catch them spawning or at the least , still at the staging areas moving back out.Find what you consider , or know for a fact are good spawning grounds and start there.If there are no fish then back up from those spots and look for deep dropoffs or structure that is convenient for the fish to hold in and access both the shallows and the deep water.Creek channels submerged in the deep water from before flooding,and old road beds are graet crappie hangouts.Once youve selected a spot get a good anchor on both ends of the boat so you dont move around a lot.Good luck.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.