Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Split & Bleeding Hands

Post Thanks / Like

Default Split & Bleeding Hands

Not sure if it was because of the gardening last year, general yard work or fishing (can't be fishing!), but several of my finger tips developed cracks and bleeding. Saw a TV add for a product called "Working Hands". Bought a jar and it does work. Not sure if it would work better than any other medicinal hand cream, but after about 3 weeks of use, the wounds healed and fingers got a lot better. Scars from the splits are still there, but at least I'm not bleeding, fingers are not super sensitive as they were and the pain is gone. You might want to give it a shot. Got mine at Walmarts, in the "Lotions" department. Cost around $7.00, but it goes a long way, you don't use much.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Been using the stuff for a couple years now, works great and not greasy like most lotions.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I work on water and sanitary sewer systems so working in dirt/mud and wet then throw winter on top of it I get very bad cracked finger tips and love working hands but this winter I have been using some girly stuff my wife uses and I really think it works better than the working hands but I'm not a fan of the smell at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I masonry work I just learned to live with it years ago. I tried several different products and nothing really works for me

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Working hands. It works well.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

If it's the O'keefs Working Hands, I like it too, but I think it's the greasiest hand stuff ever. Takes a minute to dry out your hands, but good stuff. IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Tit balm works about the best. Use to use it on the cows udder in the winter time. We have some of it around here someplace. I still use it when my fingers get cracked in the winter time. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

that stuff is called UDDER Balm and it works great, comes in a tub that is colored like a dalmatian, used it on my uncles cows way back when I was a kid. I guess the coloring on the tub is supposed to look like a Holstein cow.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Badgerloader LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Man all you guys are OLD!! LOL just kidding. My hands have yet to get cracked and split. You might say I have "girly" hands they look so good. I guess some people have more sensitive fingers.
    Hope you guys get the cracks out!!!
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickingback View Post
    Man all you guys are OLD!! LOL just kidding. My hands have yet to get cracked and split. You might say I have "girly" hands they look so good. I guess some people have more sensitive fingers.
    Hope you guys get the cracks out!!!
    You must work behind a desk or something along those lines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast