Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need help with baby shad jig identity

Post Thanks / Like

Default need help with baby shad jig identity

I fished yesterday and could hardly catch enough crappie for a mess. I had great minnows and jigs but nothing seemed to work. I watched as another fisherman nearby caught one after another.
    When I was leaving the guy came in with his limit and was using a baby shad type jig which I cannot find anywhere I have looked online. They were primarily a white or pearl white with some other color like pink or green on one side and the tail was clear light green.
    Does anyone know what it is?
    Thanks for any help.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale ... without a picture, it would be very difficult to identify such a lure. Even with a picture, considering there are so many people custom pouring plastics these days, that it still would be tough, especially since the "baby shad" or "shad stinger" style body is so popular.

Judging by your description, it almost sounds like a custom pour job. You might find someone on the "Jig Tying/Lure Making" forum ( http://www.crappie.com/crappie/jig-t...-making-forum/ ) that could possibly duplicate the color pattern if you don't get your answer here.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Could be bayou bugger, key lime pie, or kiwi. Those are white belly and shades of green on the back.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm, could also be that he was sitting on a school and you were't and had nothing to do with the jig , which is much more likely.
    Likes TurboDan, Cmj LIKED above post