Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Tailrace

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Tailrace

Anyone have any reports? I just checked and it looks like they are running a bit of water, but not much. According to this site they are running a steady 13. Can someone explain to me what that means? When they are running "13", will there even be a noticeable current?

My experience in the past has been that if they are running water, fishing is good. If they aren't it can really suck. I am trying to figure out if it is worth driving down there for the da

Any reports, suggestions or commentary is appreciated...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what the current outflow is because I couldn't read that upper section, but the lower section tells maximum capacity outflow and it is listed as 65,000 cfs.....so if it is truly at 13 now, that is a trickle..

Here is a link that may give you a better idea

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing was good in the old channel up until about 2 weeks ago then It died. The water they are running is about 1/2 unit so not counting the overflow this is the lowest they ever run. The highest I have seen posted is 150 and that's really cranking. I have been working or up on Truman so I can't really say but if you are bank fishing 15 should be ok and if you are on a boat I would try the area where the new channel meets the old. You will be able to tell if they are biting by the number of boats. Try a double jig rig 1/8 over 1/4 and fish up 2-3 cranks up from the bottom. Look for concentrations of fish in the bottom 5 feet. If you find a school they is solid fish from 10 ft down its probably gar. The fish won't hold in one place so you will have to stay over them the best you can. Good luck.....

Jeff
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.