Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doing something wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doing something wrong

Hey all I hope you don't mind if I ask for help. I went out looking for crappie this morning and fished for about three hours not a single bite. I tried minnows and jigs. I am at Lake of the Ozarks (Park view bay near the 54 bridge in Osage to be exact). Can anyone give me some tips or a general area to try. I am not asking for your personal spots maybe just a heads up on where to go. I have never fished this early here and I am lost!
    this is going to be a long few days if this keeps up. At least wobbly boots has good chicken wings ha ha! Any help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Try shooting under docks! Small 2" plastics, 32 or 16th oz, crappie nib.

Pappos Pizza has great beer, and dam good pies!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ! I am going to head out in about an hour and shoot some docks. Think the main channel would be better than the coves? Love good pizza, We might try them this evening.

Post Thanks / Like

You should definitely be around some kind of cover....docks, brushpiles, etc. with some deep water nearby. Fish very slowly. If you know you are over a brushpile, drop your bait to hang right over it and keep it fairly still. Raise it very slowly and see if they are holding at a certain depth. Try different things....bobbers, minnows, big baits, as well as different locations....creeks, main channel docks, etc

good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got here this evening
    I struck out here all last weekend. I too am in the exact same area...
    Tomorrow morning I'm running down to pb1 area.

Post Thanks / Like

Manny, I shot the docks in the afternoon and fished minnows and even a jig under a slip float, still nothing. I will be trying again today. I will be here for a couple more days if I find them I will let you know what worked!
    I think when they let water out all the fish went with it. Warmest water I found was 46.

Post Thanks / Like

Well my plan didn't really work this morn.
    Put in at 8 got off at 12.
    Ran down to McCubbins point, where I managed to catch 4 dinks...
    That's all folks!
    Nothing to see here.
    Hopefully you did better!
    Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There is a fair bit of cover along with some shallow pockets along the bluffs near camp passover and before you get to the campground. Whenever we go earlier in the year that is where we normally find them. If you don't find them there, you will find a nice sized flat across from the bluff before you get to the campground. There is some woody cover visible on it most years this time of year and some more that is submerged. Might give it a try. One last ditch thing would be to go past the campground and try fishing the river area up there. Being shallow it warms up quicker. Have caught some hogs up there late March early april. However it is either boom or complete bust up there. Also I'm assuming the water is low right now so if you go up there be careful as there is a definite channel and sometimes there will even be wood shooting up near the surface in it. Good luck. If you figure anything out let us know. We're going out Monday. Just haven't decided whether to put in at pb2 or run up to Thomas hill and see if maybe the spawn is near or going strong. Never fished it before and am curious as to what the affect of that warm water discharge will have on the lake. Might be wishful thinking this early on the spawn but I gotta think it may be at least a little warmer water.

Post Thanks / Like

Well hopefully tomorrow's very different...
    Gonna go back to McCubbins point...
    I seen fish stacked up just could get them to bite. Water temp was reading 48.
    Going out today just drove me crazy!
    Didn't know what to do.
    People I seen and talked to were doing about as good as i.
    Likes working man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast