PDA

View Full Version : what the heck is goin on with C.COM

windstone
03-18-2015, 06:48 PM
just signed in. it shows 1,404 users, 261 members and 1,143 guests. who are all these guests?? every time i sign in it shows guest out number members by 3,4,5 times.

CrappiePappy
03-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Some of them are lurkers, some are members that are not logged in but still cruising the site. How many of which ... :dono

... cp :kewl

RetiredRR
03-18-2015, 07:06 PM
I think the word is getting out, so we must be doing something interesting here. Maybe they are watching us to determine if they want to join up. Just thinkin' positive.

Barnacle Bill
03-18-2015, 07:08 PM
Everything is normal

Tracker123
03-18-2015, 07:12 PM
I think the word is getting out, so we must be doing something interesting here. Maybe they are watching us to determine if they want to join up. Just thinkin' positive.

I agree Joe with many of us driving around with the crappie.com sticker on the back window of our trucks. I believe they're curious.

yikess
03-18-2015, 07:32 PM
just signed in. it shows 1,404 users, 261 members and 1,143 guests. who are all these guests?? every time i sign in it shows guest out number members by 3,4,5 times.

They are called spawners. They will be around for the spawn and then will magically disappear until right before next years spawn. Its like prefishing without putting forth any effort until tournament day. Happens every year. Welcome back!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DockShootinJack
03-18-2015, 07:37 PM
They are here trying to hack your super secret waypoints off of your computer. :biggrin

windstone
03-18-2015, 07:39 PM
hmm, yikes, never looked at that way. if this old brain don't forget i will dig this up deep in the summer and see what the ratio is...

"G"
03-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Some of them are joining....been getting between 40 to 50 new members per day here for the past couple months

CrappiePappy
03-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Some of them are joining....been getting between 40 to 50 new members per day here for the past couple months

"G" ... wonder if many of them are coming over from Facebook ?? I have mentioned it to some of the FB posters to do just that ... since they'd get far more info on here than there. I'd be curious to see if any of them put FB down as how they heard about Crappie.com (the site).

Cane Pole
03-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Facebook needs a Buttbook edition. Some them folks on Facebook are butt ugly.

prefers shiners
03-18-2015, 09:38 PM

I have seen several new folks on here saying they were "lurkers" and decided to join.....

Abu65
03-18-2015, 09:56 PM
I do it all the time. My computer setup wont always log me in automatically. So I just look around until I see something to post about just liker now. Lol

TowboatTroller
03-19-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm usually quite in deer season to much hunting going on. Believe it or not I've never fished in the fall usually hunting but plan on fishing year around for now on. Its very addictive and this site has brought it all on lol. Just what I needed to stay busy in off season of hunting

"G"
03-19-2015, 05:33 AM
"G" ... wonder if many of them are coming over from Facebook ?? I have mentioned it to some of the FB posters to do just that ... since they'd get far more info on here than there. I'd be curious to see if any of them put FB down as how they heard about Crappie.com (the site).

Pappy we get a few from facebook.....most are either from google or a friend referred.

sky hawk
03-19-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm usually quite in deer season to much hunting going on. Believe it or not I've never fished in the fall

Same here. My year is broken up into fish and game-based seasons. Crappie season is Jan. 2nd - early June, with a pause in April to kill a couple of turkeys. The summer is too hot and too busy on the lake, and in the fall I will be hunting. I don't apologize for it. Too much enjoyment to be had in the outdoors to just do one thing all the time.

yikess
03-19-2015, 08:55 AM
hmm, yikes, never looked at that way. if this old brain don't forget i will dig this up deep in the summer and see what the ratio is...

I you get a chance, check out the number of viewers on the Mississippi board on the next two or three Friday nights. LOL

wicklundrh
03-19-2015, 09:19 AM
I think a lot of guys are doing the "try before you buy" type of thing. Many of the forums that are out there are like being back in grade school or high school. The people are extremely negative towards each other, their opinion seems to be the only one that matters, their tactics are the only ones that catch fish etc... They have the: my boat is better than yours, my truck is better than yours, I have better fishing gear, my wife is hotter, I have a better job, I make more money attitude..... Many people are sick and tired of it. They don't comment much because it is like being bullied in school. SOOOOO, they come on here, look at how WE treat each other, how we comment on threads, how we communicate. Remember, we are like minded individuals. IF they are like us, they will join. Why? Because they are looking for something that the other sites don't offer.

Best thing to do is to continue to act how we always act and treat each other as always. IF they are just fishing for information, I guess it is hard to spot. I brag about OUR site to many people BUT..... they are people that I would want to be a part of the site. These are people I have met and converse with. IF they are negative, poor attitude type of people, I don't even mention this site. It is the "one bad apple spoils the bunch" attitude.

Cane Pole
03-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Well, a majority of the members on c.com are over 50. Some of us are over 70. Age makes a difference except I might be the exception.

MrGoodtime
03-19-2015, 09:43 AM
They are called spawners. They will be around for the spawn and then will magically disappear until right before next years spawn. Its like prefishing without putting forth any effort until tournament day. Happens every year. Welcome back!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Yep, internet scouting, same thing happens during duck season.

matzilla
03-19-2015, 10:01 AM
a lot of the guests will be web search bots that scan and index websites for search engines and so on...a guest it nothing more than an active browsing session, doesn't mean its a human doing the browsing :)

RetiredRR
03-19-2015, 11:16 AM
matzilla, your comment is spot on. Never dreamed some of my photos would wind up on the internet. Now I know how it happens. Thanks.
I was a looker before I knew what a lurker was. Now I'm just a member and enjoy the benefits.

Cane Pole
03-19-2015, 11:23 AM
RR, I thought a "looker" was a good looking woman.:dono

Crappitier
03-19-2015, 11:56 AM
There is still ice on the lakes here in PA! A crazy "Climate Change" weather?

I check C . Com all the time to see if the bite has started yet! No bad intent, or stealing any spots, I'm just anxious for things to start again! I would imagine that a lot of folks do the same thing?

Tight Lines

scrat
03-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Some people are scared of what others may think of them if the posted comments or asked questions. That is why I like Crappie .com it is well regulated (family friendly site) and the people really get along or (SLAB) will delete. It is nice to know that the only dumb question is the one that was not asked. It is easy to just see what others post about their fishing. It's like using internet sonar they can read if people are catching fish on a lake what the water temp. was how deep the fish are and pictures of even how big the fish were without leaving the house. It would be nice if others that just read here would join and give others the knowledge of how they fish. And some people may be like me they can't type fast and don't know a lot about computers or good but I don't care if it takes me a long time to peck it out as long as it don't interfere with my fishing time. Also if it weren't for spell check no one could even read this. So all you older people (like me) reading this and others it don't take long to join here and SLAB will even send you a Crappie. com decal.:welcome

Jon
03-19-2015, 12:15 PM
I love this site and the State forums. The only thing that I wish were changed is that the most recent comments on threads were seen first, rather than having to go to the "last page" to get an update. Otherwise, the site is amazing.

wannabe fisherman
03-19-2015, 12:22 PM
I love this site and the State forums. The only thing that I wish were changed is that the most recent comments on threads were seen first, rather than having to go to the "last page" to get an update. Otherwise, the site is amazing.

if you see the "most recent" comment first you wouldn't know what the comment addressed until you got to the end so you would have to go thru them anyway, keep them in order that they came in JMO

lowe175
03-19-2015, 12:23 PM
More traffic is a good thing for the site.

yankee doodler
03-19-2015, 12:24 PM

It used to be that if you viewed the forums in "hybrid mode" which lets you jump right to specific posts/threads, you could still jump pages, but something changed about 8-9 month ago and now you can't...or at least I can't.

matzilla
03-19-2015, 01:06 PM

go to settings > general settings from the left nav menu, thread display mode - change to linear newest first :)

"G"
03-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Well, a majority of the members on c.com are over 50. Some of us are over 70. Age makes a difference except I might be the exception.

Yeh....me too lol

Tn Johnboy
03-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Well, a majority of the members on c.com are over 50. Some of us are over 70. Age makes a difference except I might be the exception.I resemble that remark.

wannabe fisherman
03-19-2015, 01:44 PM
you sure know how to make a guy feel OLD, I've got kids over 50 LOL

slickwater1
03-19-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm not a spawner but the spring time is def. a time when I tend to fish more. I will fish year round but summer time is usually spent working and fall is hunting season in my parts, winter time duck season is king. Lots of info and everyone is figuring out the world wide webs power and anytime you search anything about crappie, Crappie.com shows up on the google results. It's a good thing and happy to see it happening.

chrispy
03-19-2015, 09:35 PM
Being one of the new guy's I can't say I blame em. This place is great all around.

RetiredRR
03-20-2015, 12:28 AM
RR, I thought a "looker" was a good looking woman.:dono

Now, now........you know good lookin' women like good lookin' men. I've had several blind women
call me a looker. :Rofl

Bread man
03-20-2015, 04:06 AM
you made good comments funny one too. To call Fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job

crappiewisdom
03-20-2015, 05:42 AM
I am a member, but I don't log on when I just want to read what others have posted. So I would show up as a "guest". I do this a few times a day. I am sure there are many others who do the same.

wicklundrh
03-20-2015, 08:07 AM
I am a member, but I don't log on when I just want to read what others have posted. So I would show up as a "guest". I do this a few times a day. I am sure there are many others who do the same.

Good point. I do this a lot too.

Rollingrock
03-20-2015, 09:21 AM
I was a lurker for a while, until I decided to join. I still am sometimes when I forget to sign in. This is one of the best sites out there, I got some very good tips on tactics and tackle from here and the people who post here are happy to pass along the information and others who add on to it, without attacking each other I also like to just go through the old posts and get things from there. I joined not to find someones hot spot, but to use their ideas where I fish. I am also one of those over 50