HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got my MicroSpoons yesterday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my MicroSpoons yesterday!!

Never used them before but can not wait to try them. Any tips? Thanks

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Never used them before but can not wait to try them. Any tips? Thanks Jason
    Well from what I've gathered Jason, you tie one on and drop it in the water a ways, grab an oar and proceed to slap the little fish away from it that you don't want to catch. Then just pull in the big ones until you get too tired for any more.
    At least, that's how I'm planning to use mine. ;^)
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbass91
    Never used them before but can not wait to try them. Any tips? Thanks

Jason

YESTERDAY WAS WINDY ON MY LAKE. i HAD TO ADD SPLIT SHOT TO MY LINE IN ORDER TO FEEL THE WEIGHT ON THE END OF MY LINE. I FISHED THE SPOON JUST LIKE I WOULD A JIG. LET IT DOWN TO THE DESIRED DEPTH AND MOVE IT AROUND SLIGHTLY. THE FISH SEEM TO HIT THE SPOON HARDER THAN A JIG. MOST OF MY HITS CAME ON THE FALL, SO KEEP A TIGHT LINE ON THE FALL.

you will catch all sizes on the spoon, just as you would on a jig. the spoon is not the tool for all occasions, but fished in various ways can be as productive as a jig. I think adding a minnow to the spoon reduces the action on the fall, so i do not tip with a minnow. they work with crappie nibbles, though. the fish seem to hold the spoon longer if you put nibbles on them, and they don't affect the "flutter" action as much as a minnow.

I have used them by casting a short distance over sunken brush and use a slow (slow) retrieve back to the boat, much like you would a beetle spin type bait. hope this helps.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink According to Crappieday .....

(and I quote)
    "I am sure they will work for you, just fish them like a jig. lift um up, let um fall"

Personally, I'm going to experiment a little with mine .... when I get a chance to use them. ...... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glowgood Jigster
    Well from what I've gathered Jason, you tie one on and drop it in the water a ways, grab an oar and proceed to slap the little fish away from it that you don't want to catch. Then just pull in the big ones until you get too tired for any more.
    At least, that's how I'm planning to use mine. ;^)
    :Dlol, you are exactly right, them small ones can be pesky though.lol:D:D:D

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just received mine in the mail today. Gonna probably make one more trip this weekend just to try 'em out. Was planning on deer hunting the rest of the weekend to fill the freezer....but what the heck! Getting a little low on fish too!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

whats the laws on hunting and fishing from a boat? I see alot of deer in the morning just waiting for someone to get in a good shot. its like they know you cant shoot them. but you can goose hunt???