Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: etiquette?

Post Thanks / Like

Default etiquette?

With the spawn approaching and a lot more people than other times of the year looking to get on the slabs, I was curious how much room you guys think is an appropriate amount of space to give other boats on the water. Both during high traffic times and low.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think you may be to close to someone, you are.
    Likes BarryG, Jerkey Log, ArkieJigs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sooo many placed to catch spawning crappies. At least on LOZ they are not difficult to find. If someone is on a spot you want to fish wait till they leave or go find another spot. Fishing is supposed to be relaxing. Being crowded sure isn't relaxing. I love the search for new spots. I have found some out of the way spots that I have never seen anyone fish. Always have something to go to.
    Likes ArkieJigs, springhillwantabe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you're within casting distance of one another, you're too close. Last year I was on Mark Twain Lake with my brother and friend, fishing a hole, tied to some timber. One particular jerk came through twice running over our lines and bobbers- no reason for this kind of behavior. Not sure why he thought it was okay to do this. We let it go the first time, but my friend had some choice words for him the second time.

Post Thanks / Like

most fishermen don't like you to close, but will let you ease in a bit, if they are having a bad day,,, watch out they can get mean,,,, Now me on the other hand,, you can tie to my boat, I don't care, really I don't ,,, but If I am having a bad day,,,,,,,,well a samich will calm me rat down,,,, Best advice I can give is, Be Nice, Today I and two other boats were within 3 feet of each other no problem, fish were out in the open and you followed the shad or you did not get a bite,,,, Different strokes for different folks,,,,
    Likes Jigging15, ArkieJigs, dfar, long poler, Joedog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they should make it a law that if you get to close you have to give the other boat your lunch, drinks and snacks. lol

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

All I have to say is watch out for this guy. He's bat poop crazy!!! If you see him fishing, stay away. Far Far Away!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes beagle man, Double D LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Bwahahaha I heard that lol
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Don't go to Sippi. Pole to pole no problem its just the way it is. I enjoy watching people catch fish. And seeing the different set ups.

"I just can't fish with one pole anymore"
    Black Fish Crappie Charters
    www.blackdoghuntingclub.com
    Likes warbird LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was standing next to a fisherman on my left elbow and a fisherman on my right elbow all was good. Then a quy with waders on walked in front of me and it was on. A little too close. 5 ft. is a bit close.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast