Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Important lesson I learn looking for my dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Important lesson I learn looking for my dog.

Today I was looking for my missing dog and had a lead on a man pan handling with a dog. I tracked the man down and it wasn't my dog. I spoke to him for maybe 5 minutes tops. He made $35 in that time. One lady gave him a Mac Donald's bag full of hamburgers. Think about it people. That is an average of $420 an hour. Plus all the Mac Donald's you can eat. I think its time I buy me a grill with a few teeth missing rub dirt on me. Dress in ragged clothes. Buy a $2 sharpie. Get a piece of card board. Work 2 hours a day during mourning rush hour and 5 o'clock rush hour. The yearly average is about $218,400. what am I doing. Heck I might just retire tomorrow buy the baddest boat and fish mid day while everyone else is working. I could even buy a motor home and fish any lake during the weekends. By the way I still have not found my dog.
    Last edited by prefers shiners; 03-14-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad but true on the panhandling!! Sorry you still haven't found your dog!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a whole family out there in Shreveport one day...The wife and adolescent son was sitting off to the side while dad stood at the corner with a sign. Im sorry, and maybe bad times did befall that family and he honestly cant find a job. But to let your young son watch you stand there with a sign?? Couldnt do it...

Post Thanks / Like

A woman approached me in the Academy parking lot last week and I cut her off when she said "I loaned my friend some money but she didn't pay me back. Could you....?" She was very apologetic but as she left she said, "Please don't tell them inside that I'm out here." Sometimes I do give money but it just depends on my gut feeling at the time.
    Likes fishervet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am seriously thinking of doing this and film it with other people filming and a go pro. Donate the money to a charity and run with it on the local tv station. And in a closing ask people to donate to charities so the honest people in need can benefit and not the scam artists.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Another common rip off is the canister on the checkout counter. By law the collector only has to give a small amount to the cause and the rest goes into their pockets. I think the amount they have to turn over is like 10%.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest thing was that cute little collie mix had every woman and kids attention. When they were forking over the 5s and 10s all you could here was AWWWWWW LOOK AT THAT POOR PUPPY coming from their cars. Hey people that dog wasnt a puppy and it was fat, clean, and well taken care of. Is hook the guys hand and got real close. Trust me that was not a homeless man. He might not have a home but I bet he is making a Doctor's salary. I use to live for a while in New Orleans. This man didn't smell at all.
    Likes shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Gut feelings over heart strings. Been burned many times and finally saw the light. Last feller I helped made over $500.00 per day, wintered in Hawaii every year
    and drove a Mercedes. No lie. His location was in front of a carwash and the owner of the carwash told me the guys story and it crushed my perception of pan
    handlers forever. He had only one leg but was awarded several million dollars in his settlement. He panhandled for the fun of it. Con artist deluxe.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"