Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hb help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hb help

998 just lost gps. Unconnected. 6.68 update 16 hrs on unit. Doesn't even show option for maps now. It was workin fine then just unconnected
    FISH-ON!!!!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Power it down and re-boot it and see if that helps
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I did. Resorted defaults 5 times.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

might get some advice over on the electronics board
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Disconnect the cable collector and then dis-assemble the cable collector ...

Plug the individual cables in the back of the unit ...

*Power on the unit ...
    *Press Menu during the splash screen ...
    *Choose System Status from the 3 choices ...
    *Press the View button while the System Status screen is showing ...

Does the Accessories view show the GPS antenna Connected ... ??
    (If you're inside ... It may take several minutes to find the satellites)...

Wiggle the GPS connector if it doesn't connect ...

If still no connection showing in the Accessories view ... Test the head unit on someone else's GPS antenna ... Or test someone else's GPS antenna on your head unit ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be a the connector. Every so often I have to "ever-so-slightly, just barely bend the pins" to get a good connetion. And it all works again. Be easy with them. Don't really even need to see them move. Just spread them a bit.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I lose temp on my ducer the same. A simple flex of the pins and back in buisness.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the power/tdx cord plug (female end) and make sure you don't have "NEW HOLES" for your pins to go into.

It happened to me ... and I figured out that I had been forcing the power cord into the back of the unit and one pin had gotten bent a little off to one side & dug a hole in the power cord connector, right next to the metal lined hole it was supposed to be going in.

Eyeballed the alignment and bent the pin back straight to where it would line up with the connecting hole in the power cord end ... voila !! All better now !!

Now, when I'm connecting the power cord plug into the back of the unit AND when taking it out ... I MAKE SURE I'm pushing it in and pulling it out STRAIGHT & with the least amount of wiggling of the power cord plug as possible. IMHO ... it was that "wiggling" back & forth of the power cord plug, to remove the plug from the back of the unit, that bent the pin out of alignment. Then when it was hard to put the plug back into the unit, forcing it drove the pin into the plastic housing.

It may or may not be the fix to "your problem" .... but, others that read this may want to check their power cord plug (and not wiggle/force the connection) in the future, should they lose one or more of their unit's functions.

... cp