Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MArk Twain on Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default MArk Twain on Sunday

After reading and asking a few questions on here I am finally ready to hit the water. Taking my son to Mark Twain on Sunday. Picked up a couple long poles so we have a little more reach than just our ultralights. Any suggestions on where to start and possible water depth would be appreciated. Creek mouths, points, brush piles? minnows or jigs? Excited to get our little boat on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you know where to put in at. The ice isn't off all of the ramps yet. If u can get out I would say find some points on the bigger creek mouths with some standing timber. North/East arms of the lake warms faster and I was told that Route U ramp is free of ice and you can get your boat out but have also heard of people already fishing Lick Creek. As to minnow or jigs you might be limited to jigs unless you plan on running through Perry to get some minnows. Don't believe anyone else has any yet. Black and Chart usually work just about any time of the year on Twain. Good Luck and post a report when u get back don't think there has been one yet this year from Twain. We are shooting for Monday and Tuesday hopefully ice will be gone by then.
    Likes Stoney79 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I usually start at creek mouths and fish the standing timber. Shell Branch and Sandy Creek typically are the first areas to warm up. Indian Creek and Lick Creek can be good also this time of year. I start around 10 to 12 ft. deep and work my way up. Good luck, hope you get a mess and be careful running, could be some ice floating but should be gone by Sunday maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

x2 for sandy creek area. always one of the first arms to start giving up good numbers. for minnows, go to the hobby but, aka the junction, at the intersection of 154 and 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Crossed the Dam Friday. Launchable at gravel ramp off J. Lake iced over at Route J bridge and clear at dam. Ray Bherns probably still iced in. Clear below Dam but extremely low.

Post Thanks / Like

I just heard the southfork ramp is opened up.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that the West arms don't know what I was thinking lol...

Post Thanks / Like

We went up today to play with the new boat...all ramps are open...did not see any docks in the water as of noon. The were a few coves with ice, but I think all will be gone by tomorrow. Good luck, have fun & be safe.
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

So ......how'd you do today??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!! We want details!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the info. Stopped by the hobby on the way up to pick up a couple doz minnows. We went to Sandy Creek. There was some very thin sheet ice but no problem launching and getting out into the channel. Caught one the first tree we pulled up to on black/chart jig and thought we were going to be in for a bunch more. Ended up only getting 2 more on minnows but my son and I had a great time. He caught his first crappie. Looking forward to next weekend.