Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you....

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many of you....

... have tried the Hydrowave unit for Crappie fishing? So many bass anglers swear by them. If it makes noise underwater that imitate baitfish, shouldn't it work for crappie as well? Just curious.
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the "Talk with Fish" Iphone app and speaker from their website. It makes some really cool sounds. Don't know if it works. Have caught crappie with it in the water but also caught them without it int he same spot so I can't really say.
    The Hydrowave looks to be a lot better speaker system maybe. I'm curious to find out myself.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

It could work. Be interested to see if it does work.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JTMavs View Post
    ... have tried the Hydrowave unit for Crappie fishing? So many bass anglers swear by them. If it makes noise underwater that imitate baitfish, shouldn't it work for crappie as well? Just curious.
    i have one. i got it for free. i use it longline trolling and when i anchor for crappie or catfish, or casting for bass while moving along slowly with the trolling motor. i believe it is very difficult to evaluate it. there are so many variables as to why you got a bite at any time. say longline trolling with six rods, as i do. like the color of the jig, distance from the boat, etc. since it is free, i will use it. but, all i can really expect from it is that is helps cover up the sound of the trolling motor and the sonar. i wouldn't pay for one as i have never had a bite i could say for sure happened because of using it.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor is a bass fisherman.....he fishes a lot of tournaments. He has one and I dont think he is very impressed with it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    My neighbor is a bass fisherman.....he fishes a lot of tournaments. He has one and I dont think he is very impressed with it.
    Man "G" you are a wealth of knowledge. I think clacking bb's inside the lure work just as well at a fraction of the cost. Just sayin.....
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who swears that if he's on fish, and the bite slows, he'll turn on music and it will get them going again. I would guess that the Hydrowave would do the same thing ... ?

Post Thanks / Like

I sent Hydrowave and Hook and Look TV show an Email and suggested they use it in the show and let the divers film the reactions of the fish. Looks like Hydrowave would jump all over that if it really works.I am suspicious of it myself

Post Thanks / Like

I think they made it to imitate the sound of fish feeding on schooling baitfish. When bass, stripe etc., go after them, you can hear them if you're close by. Crappie may school but probably don't make as much noise when feeding. I'm guessing you're far more likely to catch a bass than crappie when using it.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL .... yeah, and how many of you have ranted against the clicking noise that your depth finder makes, that supposedly spooks fish

Those units put out a sound that is supposed to imitate schooling Shad & other forage species that fish eat. It's supposed to stimulate their senses & make them "hungry" & looking for the source of the sound ... then along comes your bait & the fish thumps it. That's the theory, anyway.

The only problem I see with them is ... if there's no fish around, none will hear it. And if there's already schools of baitfish or forage critters in the area, the unit is competing with the real thing .. which may be a negative thing

... cp
    Likes RWiske LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast