Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 lowe stryker 16 , new .

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 lowe stryker 16 , new .

If this is the wrong place feel free to move it to the proper place .

We are looking at a new , 2012 lowe stryer 16 , with a Mecury 30 h.p. on it . Its new old stock . Is there any concerns with the motor setting that long ? It is new never gassed up . I wouldn't think so but wanted to ask someone who would know .

Never had a new outboard before or 4 stroke . Kinda excited ! LOL ! I fully understand this is not a big water boat . Have no interest in nosebleed speeds eather . This should move maw and me around just fine I'm thinking .

$10.999 Rigged out boat , motor ,trl . Seems like a deal to me . ? Thanks for any help with our first new boat purchase guys .

Post Thanks / Like

If it starts and runs, Sounds like a good deal

Post Thanks / Like

It is from a dealer , will be fully serviced with new warrantee . 2 batts. 2 bank charger , transom saver , small fish finder . Hinged tongue on trl. No spare tire , or cover .

MM
    Likes EARL KITCHENS LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be no concerns with the motor. everything will be under warranty. I would sure haggel for a spare though. sounds like a pretty good deal.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great boat
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good deal. And it will get you down the river faster than you think.
    Likes marlinmonty LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think so too. Hope so ! After reading that the 40 hp. motors that are so pushed by dealers were built in china , I was done . The 30 is a tohatso "sp" . Kinda chaps me that a Mercury outboard ain't American made . I am sure the china motors are fine . Them Tohaso's are well proven from what I read about them .

I think 30hp. wll be fine for our easing around . Boat has a 55 in. bottom , should plane quickly with min. power . Am I wrong here ?

MM

Post Thanks / Like

There is just about nothing completely made in the USA anymore. Just about any motor has bearings seals or something that is made overseas now a days. And a lot of the products are very good. I think that the 30hp motor would be fine and look on the bright side it will use less gas. With the warranty you are going to be protected for a while just like any other outboard motor. But it don't hurt to haggle a little like Cray mentioned. If you like the rig that is what counts anyway. Good luck with your new rig and post some pictures here on post your boats forum.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes marlinmonty LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good deal, especially if the 30 suits your needs. Probably why they still have it. If ya like haggle best ya can and go fishin. Them are nice boats. Looked at em when I was shoppin boats.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Get them to put a spare tire and wheel in the deal at no extra charge
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast