Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO DUSTING A SOFT PLASTIC LURE How to color a soft bait mold with Alumidust

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink VIDEO DUSTING A SOFT PLASTIC LURE How to color a soft bait mold with Alumidust

This video shows how to dust a mold with alumidust and then inject it. This really makes the lure look cool. I would love to try this on my two inch lures. Let it cool and then clear coat it. What do you experts think of this technique? Have you ever done this?

Name:  Dusting soft plastic lures.jpg
Views: 6005
Size:  14.0 KB

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes snake River LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the alumilite website link

- Dusting Brushes #

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for it Ship
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes shipahoy41, snake River LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I tried that a couple years ago and was less than impressed. Ma was even less impressed than my less than impressed with the mess that comes with it.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTom View Post
    I tried that a couple years ago and was less than impressed. Ma was even less impressed than my less than impressed with the mess that comes with it.
    Ok......back to the drawing board. Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Ship....the pearls he uses are easy to get. They are great IN plastic or powder paint, but when you dip a brush in them and start wisking away, there is a ton of fly-away dust that gets on everything. You won't even see it until you touch a surface full of it and then rub your mitts on something else. I got some of the dust on antique glassware that had been washed and was ready to take to the antique shop. Ma began to wrap the glass in packing tissue for the trip and it didn't take long to have a serious mess. I was not a popular presence for a few days. To top it off, the baits did not look very good.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

CTom....you might have just saved Mikes life lol
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

My wife still reminds me of two things. One involves that pearl pigment. The other is about gold glitter....not going there tonight.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Now I got it! Now I really know what pulls us together... It's our experiences with she that must be obeyed! She tolerates me bring my plastics up stairs to be packaged that is where it ends! If moma unhappy the whole house is unhappy! By the way this next Wed. By Gods grace I'll be married to her for 20 years... My first ,I married when I was almost 37. Nothing compares when the little lady and I are hitting on all 8 cylinders! It's a beautuful thing!
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTom View Post
    Ship....the pearls he uses are easy to get. They are great IN plastic or powder paint, but when you dip a brush in them and start wisking away, there is a ton of fly-away dust that gets on everything. You won't even see it until you touch a surface full of it and then rub your mitts on something else. I got some of the dust on antique glassware that had been washed and was ready to take to the antique shop. Ma began to wrap the glass in packing tissue for the trip and it didn't take long to have a serious mess. I was not a popular presence for a few days. To top it off, the baits did not look very good.
    Yeah G and CTom. Mom would have had a hissy fit if I tracked dusting from the garage on to the carpets. Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast