Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapala cordless fillet knife

Swampseed is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rapala cordless fillet knife

Was thinking about getting the Rapala cordless litheum ion battery, anyone used one????

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Swampseed, I have a Rapala but it is not cordless. It does work on 110 or 12 volts. It's not a powerful unit and I only use it if I'm away from 110 volt power. Even on the 110 volt adapter it doesn't provide much power. I know it not quite the same as the one you're asking about but I would think it's in the same class. I hope this helps and I hope someone with the same unit as you're asking about chimes in.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I also had the 110/12v version, and it worked ok, not powerful as mentioned above. I picked up the heavy duty rapala 110 version, and that thing is awesome!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have owned the cordless Rapala....did not like it....aslo had a 110/12 volt one....did not like it. I now have a 110 only version and it is a lot better and does a good job.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Swampseed is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Know its not going to as good as a 110, but thought be nice not messing with cord or having to find a outlet. I'm not a fish catching machine like u guys!! LOL 20 be allot for me the clean.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both like them all. Cordless is good no cord to get in the way. Buddy had one I liked he got me one, I put him on fish he took care of me lol. There are several threads on the pros and cons on fillet knives. Ford vs Chevy just saying there is a guy who hates them for every guy that loves them.
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

Post Thanks / Like

I have both like them all. Cordless is good no cord to get in the way. Buddy had one I liked he got me one, I put him on fish he took care of me lol. There are several threads on the pros and cons on fillet knives. Ford vs Chevy just saying there is a guy who hates them for every guy that loves them. Where you live ? Pm me you can test drive one of mine if your not to far from Mapleton
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Rapala Ion and I thought it was great, but I couldn't get it to hold the blades the last time I used it. The battery life is really good. Back to my old AA knives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    I have owned the cordless Rapala....did not like it....aslo had a 110/12 volt one....did not like it. I now have a 110 only version and it is a lot better and does a good job.
    I agree. I manage to keep the cord out of the way. If they would pack a punch like a couple of 20V cordless drills I have, it may be different.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen a real good one so far. I think they need to let Tim on Tool Time (the old TV show) make one with (more power) I would like to be able to go through the big fish rib bones and be able to cut head off whatever. And like Tracker123 said if they can make a good strong drill why can't they make a good powerful fillet knife.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast