Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota powerdrive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota powerdrive

Hey guys, im looking at the minn kota powerdrive v2. What exactly does powerdrive mean? And do any of yall use this trolling motor? Thanks.
    Last edited by Darrell25; 03-07-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe power drive refers to electric steering.

I have one on my Jon boat. It has copilot and works fine. It is one of the first V2-55# models. It has held up good. I give it 4.2 stars. Foot pedal kinda suckies so I made my own foot pedal.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I've had mine since 2007 and has been on 3 boats since then. Still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope it's a good trolling motor I justed ordered one from Brian at bbg marine. Give him a call he will do you right he is a member sponsor on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright thanks for responses. The co pilot remote with work with it right? And does it have slow speeds on the trolling motor? I'll be using it for spider rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

We've had ours for two years. Works great for spider rigging. You can maintain speeds as slow as .2 to .3. We just upgraded from co pilot to i pilot, mainly for spot lock and cruise control. If you plan on mounting a transducer to it, check out the sticky on the power drive v2 transducer installation. It requires a not so great way of installing the transducer in my opinion, but it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure on your budget. But if you can get it with I pilot. All the added features are worth it. You get cruise control spot lock, tracks will come in real handy if you are on a certain hot spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the power drive 55 since 98, got a new one in 05, works good for spider rigging. I have the co- pilot and love it.. I just rebuilt the hole motor, I fish 2 times a week all year, it can be wore out, I wore mine out, but it is easy to rebuild, mine is like new now, for a lot less than a new one. I done the work my self.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for responses. The ipilot is a little out of my price range. im gonna get the v2 powerdrive and add the remote. I can get the trolling motor at cabeles on sale for $400 and its a 50lb thrust. Is that a decent deal?

Post Thanks / Like

Check with Brian at bbg marine before you buy one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast