Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Acadia Sports Rods

buckn Guest

Default Acadia Sports Rods

Anyone ever try these rods i just got a flyer in the mail for buy one get one free. They look like decent rods but has anyone used them.

www.acadiasports.com

thanks,
    scott

Post Thanks / Like

Went and looked at the site. Strikes me as a bit gimmicky. Looks like they are trying to sell an average quality rod at an average price and make it sound like its more than it is by throwing out technical names for typical components. The north american fishing club doesn't impress me either. I was a member for several years with the promise that we would be able to test fishing equipment and I never saw anything. A stamp of approval from them doesn't mean much. If it were me I'd stay away from that company. There are plenty of proven quality companies discussed here at the forums that have a proven track record.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

They are great rods! I have one of the 7ft rods for Carolina rigging. I love it...it is a very sensitive rod & very lightweight.

If you want, I can steer you to a bass forum where almost everyone that has tried them, loves them. Lots of reviews have been posted on them there. If interested, pm me & I will get you a link to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckn
    Anyone ever try these rods i just got a flyer in the mail for buy one get one free. They look like decent rods but has anyone used them.

www.acadiasports.com

thanks,
    scott

Yes...i use one right now....got it free thru some fishing club that I joined. I love it. I have a 6'6 rod, and it is SUPER light, and very strong. It comes w/ a very nice looking case, and it's my "go-to" rod for bobber fishing. Buy one Get one free is always a good deal! BTW, my rod is a P Series rod.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

buckn Guest

i agree grizz they seemed a little gimmickey to me also. i was thinking of the 5 foot ultralight rods for trout and crappie but i think they are two piece and i prefer 1 piece. also i would kind of like to see what i am buying before i buy them. i guess ill just go to bass pro and see what i can find.

Post Thanks / Like

Its good to hear from people that actually have them. I don't mind being proven wrong, but I would still have to have one in hand before I would change my mind. I still think the website is a sales job. They could do better than coming off like a "as seen on tv" marketing site.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...the website is pretty "cheesy." To tell you the truth, if North American Fishing Club wouldn't have sent me one for free to field test, I never would have owned one. I've been considering buying another one, but I just started using this 7'11 BnM Float n Fly rod that local guide Jim Duckworth helped make, and I'm hooked.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation (Thrillseeker) They are nice ....

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker
    I just started using this 7'11 BnM Float n Fly rod that local guide Jim Duckworth helped make, and I'm hooked.
    aren't they !! I've got two of them. I was one of a few Crappie.com members that helped field test the prototype. And I like the looks of the two newest additions, the 9 & 10 foot versions, too. ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like I'm becoming a product spokesman or something.....I caught a nice smallie last week on that float n fly rod using a red and charteuse tube filled w/ berkley crappie nuggets that I applied w/ the bait pump! That's a true story, btw.
    Last edited by ThrillSeeker; 12-28-2006 at 09:22 AM.