Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Retirement advice from a freind

Post Thanks / Like

Default Retirement advice from a freind

ADVICE FROM A RETIRED HUSBAND

It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomesharder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they wereyounger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overlysensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

My name is Dan. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife. When Iretired a few years ago, it became necessary for her to get a full-time job,along with her part-time job, both for extra income and for the health benefitsthat we needed. Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginningto show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the same time shegets home from work.

Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest forhalf an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her. Instead, Itell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. Igenerally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the club, so eating out is not reasonable.I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door. She used to do thedishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to siton the table for several hours after dinner.

I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening thatthey won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it doesseem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think ..
    For example,she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly billsduring her lunch hour. But, Boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I justsmile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two, or eventhree days. That way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her thatmissing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what Imean). I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She hadto take a break when she was only half-finished mowing the yard. I try not tomake a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glassof freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she ismaking one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support my wife. I'm notsaying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find itdifficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do howfrustrating women get as they get older. However, Guys, even if you just use alittle more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article,I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put onthis earth to help each other.

Signed,

Dan

EDITOR'S NOTE:
    Dan died suddenly on January 31 of a perforated rectum. The police report sayshe was found with a Calloway extra-long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver II golf clubjammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of 20grip showing, and a sledgehammer laying nearby. His wife was arrested and charged with murder. Theall-woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her Not Guilty, accepting herdefense that Dan, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golfclub.

I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
    Likes ET Fish, Dlogfish, Lowellhturner, Kingfish1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes women can get a little narrow minded.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good one
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

He literally got almost all of the shaft, crook and head...

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone checked on Poxy lately????? EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Good one. Will not have that happen. I seldom get to play golf anymore.
    FISH ON