Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings Everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greetings Everyone!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post ever on here and so far I am loving the site. I mostly catfish, but crappies come a close second for what I fish for. I have a Bass Tracker Pro Tournament TX17 that is set up for both cats and crappie. I live in Independence MO and most of my crappie fishing is at Truman lake. I also enjoy fishing for crappies and bass in one of many ponds that I have access to in my hometown of Richmond MO.

I am your pretty typical minnow and tie up to a tree kind of crappie fisherman. This year I want to step up my game and find those crappies year round and spend some time becoming better at finding crappies other than the spring time.

I have a trip coming up at Truman. Usually go snagging on opening weekend, but this year I will be up on Truman fishing for crappies and cats. <lol> my first plan of attack is not using the minnow to rely on at all. I will be using plastics and hopefully I will find that right colored jig to get into them. I will have a few minners incase that is what they want, but I want to start using jigs. Also using the I-pilot to slowly drift or troll. <lol> anybody have a good ideas to start with.

Anyway, glad I joined the site and am looking forward to getting to know you.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site!! Only advice I would offer if you want to catch them year round would be: don't tie up to a tree. Keep moving. Oh, one other thing to watch out for....red boats....stay clear of that bunch.
    Likes Blade4130, dfar, beagle man, Clownfish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

<lol> I will look out for those red boats. Yeah, this year I want to get as serious about it as my catfishing. Tying up to a tree relaxing and catching a few here and there is not what I am going to do this year.

Post Thanks / Like

lot of good folks around here jump right in

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw
    Likes Blade4130 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    Welcome..... Oh, one other thing to watch out for....red boats....stay clear of that bunch.
    I had a guy in a red boat pull'up and ask if I had an extra sam'itch one time

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw
    Likes Jigging15, dfar, beagle man, Clownfish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

welcome, aboard, you'll love it here!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. We are happy to have you.
    Last edited by Speck; 03-05-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site. I live down in Clinton and fish Truman a lot. My current boat boat is Red so I hope I'm not in the Red boat bunch. Sounds like a rough crew. Good bunch of guys and gals on here and once this weather breaks there will be a lot of helpful reports on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! The spring crappie camp at Truman is a must for one of your trips if you can make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast