Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie usa tournament trail?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie usa tournament trail?

Crappiehabits and myself are heavily considering fishing some of these tournaments. However we are very new to the tournament atmosphere. Lookin for some input from some folks that have maybe fished some of these. Just some basic info about the atmosphere, rules, level of enjoyment, etc. We also considered attending some of the pretournament seminars and then the weigh in just to feel it out this year. Thanks a lot for any input or info.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It is a great tournament to fish in. They are very professional and do exactly what they say they are going to do. Might try the amature side if you are fishing your first. It is a very family friendly core group that fish all of them. Good luck to you.

Ftpmike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot. Do they have a take off spot or just a legal fishin time?

Post Thanks / Like

I fish 2 or 3 a year and really enjoy fishing CUSA. Have met alot of good people and fisherman. You don't have to put in at the same ramp they just have legal fishing hours. Very family oriented.

Post Thanks / Like

It's nothing to be intimidated by. As stated, you can sign up well ahead of time and just show up and fish. You can then claim your weigh voucher when you get to the weigh in. I would suggest going to the seminar, as you will hear and be able to talk about the current conditions and how some of the teams did in practice. Many husband and wife teams, as well as, a number of youths involved. Having two divisions probably brings in a few more people, because many don't feel they can compete against the "semi-pro's".

I love tournaments, myself. There's no better way to learn how to adapt and fish different bodies of water. It's easy to say the fish weren't biting if you are alone out there. Going to a weigh in is the only way to determine if it was the fish....or was it you.

Good luck!