Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Boat at Cabelas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buying a Boat at Cabelas?

Looking at buying a boat from them. Wondering if any you guys have purchased one from them. Are their prices wrote in stone or can you get them to drop their price. How is the service after the sale?

Post Thanks / Like

I would of bought my stinger there as they carried Lowe boats but to far to drive for me

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a lowe 16.5 form the store here in Olathe, Ks. Was able to deal with them some mostly on accessories. The starting price was low as it was on sale. I dickered around on electronics and what not got some good out of that. Anyway first trip out took it down to Telodo Bend in Tx. Found out the trolling motor a motor guide was a piece of junk. Got it back home and contacted the sales person I bought it from and he would not do anything so called store Manager, he said bring it in and will swap for minnkota no questioned asked. brought it in the the shop they traded motor. I asked if the could fix me anther seat plate up front they did that no charge. Great service. The manager of the shop at Olathe is on of the sharpest boat and motor guys I have been around. This was in 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to buy from Cabelas when I bought my boat. I wanted a 17' Alumacraft with a walkthrough windshield. I had him price it without electronics or a trolling motor. He shot me a price and I said no. I made it known I was ready to cut a check right there. He didn't seem to interested. I don't know if being under 30 is not good when boat shopping or what. Anyway I left him my name and number and told him to call if he wanted to sell a boat. That was early 2013 and I still have never heard from him. It worked out nice because I ended up in a G3 instead.

Make sure you read the fine print. He was trying to get me to put it on a 12 year note at something like 10% interest. It made the payment cheap which is all most folks care about. I was trying to negotiate out the door price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zummy View Post

Make sure you read the fine print. He was trying to get me to put it on a 12 year note at something like 10% interest. It made the payment cheap which is all most folks care about. I was trying to negotiate out the door price.
    Good point, that's where they make most of their money!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

boat deals are cash only . trucks I must have to work . whole different thing . 10% on a boat is crazy .JMO . My dad taught me that there is a huge difference in what you want and what you need .
    Likes scrat, Billbob, nixon, lowe rider, Mike1234 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased two boats from Cabelas and steered two more friends who bought there also (Kansas City Kansas store) Don't know anything about your location but I would not hesitate to buy from them again. I also have had service/warranty work done (minor stuff) and have been treated fairly and quickly. I'm very comfortable doing business with Cabelas.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a boat from them in November. They were cheaper than anyplace else.

Word to the wise, never have any boat place "lump" in electronics, trolling motors, etc. They over charge on the product and the install. We all know we can buy cheaper someplace else. Also, I try to buy with nothing on it. Fish finders and trolling motors lumped in on a package deal from the factory are pretty cheap. You pay a healthy price for something you will be removing.

Post Thanks / Like

We ordered a Lowe FM165WT from the store in KC, KS at the boat show. They had a better deal than the other Lowe dealer there. Supposed to take delivery the end of this month. So far they've been great to work with.

I've heard great things about their service dept. too. As I understand it, the service department was formerly Ozawkie Marine (Ranger dealer in Ozawkie, KS.) and Cabela's bought them and moved operations to the store in KC, KS.

Post Thanks / Like

Ks city Cabelas is best store ever!!
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast