Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I've extended the Pic for a T-Shirt contest - Win $75

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've extended the Pic for a T-Shirt contest - Win $75

SEND ME YOUR PICS, I've only got 2 people who submitted pics so far! Here, I copied my previous post from the sticky thread:

I want a "real" picture of a "real" Crappie, to put on the front of a T-shirt, with the Crappie.com Logo. I'm looking for something great. Either a Monster Crappie, natural looking, with a background I can erase, or a Great Live Crappie, of just a plain great picture that deserves to be immortalized on a Crappie.com T-Shirt.

To erase a background, I’d need the pic to be taken of the fish in front of a solid colored background so that editing software could easily remove it.

Live crappie would be hard to take a picture of in the wild, I’ve taken many pics of my Crappie in the aquarium and am not satisfied with anything I did. If you do this, good luck, there's all sorts of problems like glare, movement, and flash overexposure with trying this.

A pic that deserves to be immortalized might be of one being held up with a great background, great foreground, or maybe a good looking gal holding it up, of course in good taste.

The winner will receive two Crappie.com T-Shirts, one with his/her winning pic, and one of the other new styles I have online. Plus the winner will receive $75. Yes $75 out of my very own “out of work” pocket.

I will place all the pictures online anonymously and will poll the Crappie.com public as to who the winner is.

This assumes that I have enough contestants, and that everyone sends me their high quality images via an email attachment to
    [email protected].

Deadline for pictures is Christmas Eve, and we'll see if we can't bang out a winner by the first week in Jan.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pic?

Would a picture of a big fillet count? haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

slabtroller Guest

I can get you one in a week of a western slab and as I do that kind of photo editing for a living I can be sure to pose it correctly for you but what is the new dealine?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Slabtroller, you submit a pic, and I'll wait for you. thanks

C P, big filet, hmm, as long as it'll look good on a t-shirt! Better come up with something creative!
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

ed is that christmas eve of 2005? we got a year to come up with a photo
    ?
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, it was last year, xmas. right now, based on the number of entrants I have, I'm closing it probably next week, and I'll post a poll shortly there after.
    Owner

slabtroller Guest

Bad news for us. Just got back from the lake with only one dink (and I mean dink) to show for it. He was all beat up on top of it so I guess I'll have to pass on the picture entry.

Just in case what you have so far is really not good I know of at least 5 wall hangers that are drop dead NICE. Backgrounds are going to be dicey to edit out though.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Slabtroller, when you say wallhangers, are you talking about stuffed crappie. Those kinda pics seem to be looking pretty good, and I'd take a shot of a few of them if I was you. Control over the lighting and angle really sets those pics apart and they do look good.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

I've received all the entrants to the contest. It'll take some time for me to put them all together, so hang in there. I've got a couple other things I've got to take care of before I can begin a poll for the T-Shirt contest. I'd like to thank everyone for their submissions.
    Owner