Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TM?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New TM?

Stopped by to visit The Crappie Wizard aka 1Weezer aka Richard Williams today. We had a good visit (b/s). Had him to order me a new Minnkota 70 pounder with most all the trimmings (autopilot,copilot,quick disconnect, sonar xducer). I didn't get the remote control urinal as I still have a wife..ha

Has anyone had or experienced any radio interference with the autopilot? Any and all suggestions using this thing would be appreciated. I had druther know (read, hear) about it than have to learn it the hard way....

Thanks
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good motor Tom, thats exactly what I use. Well almost. I had to take my co-pilot back. It wasn't making a good connection where it plugs in and just haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trollin motor

Tom I ran a autopilotfor 3 years and never had interference with the electronics [sonor-gps] the best way I think to spider rig
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention in case you didn't know. The built in xducer is only 12°.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Frank...Had one for three years and never had a problem....Best ticket for trolling...A little slow if you fish around docks and need quick backup or turning...

I really didn't have a problem with the built in transducer but thought the factory transducers(Garmin,Lowrance,etc) were better..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Forgot to mention in case you didn't know. The built in xducer is only 12°.
    That 12 at -3db or at -10db ? IF at 12, I can crank the sensitivity up some.

I got it for my laptop input when I get the sonar program for the laptop. I am negotiating this with a company in New Zealand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    I agree with Frank...Had one for three years and never had a problem....Best ticket for trolling...A little slow if you fish around docks and need quick backup or turning...

I really didn't have a problem with the built in transducer but thought the factory transducers(Garmin,Lowrance,etc) were better..
    I got it for future use DonG. But I am gonna try it out and see what it does with the Lowrance 102c.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Minn Kota with the built in transducer - ended up putting on original that came with the depth/fish finder. Never could get much sensitivity out of it. I'd imagine (hope??!!) they work better now.

Post Thanks / Like

Love mine. And the front depth finder shows the same stuff as the Hummimbird 987 does on the back. I do have to turn the front one up a little.
    Hope you enjoy it a lot.
    Wish I could order a new one from him ... Mine is starting to act up some but its only been used 4 hard years. Think its only in the foot control.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    That 12 at -3db or at -10db ? IF at 12, I can crank the sensitivity up some.

I got it for my laptop input when I get the sonar program for the laptop. I am negotiating this with a company in New Zealand.
    Another memory lapse.

FAQ — Universal Sonar
    What is Minn Kota®’s cone angle?
    There are several different methods of specifying transducer cone widths. In electronic terms, the decibel is used. By measuring the power level from the center axis of the transducer to the point at which power drops by one half, an accurate cone angle can be measured. Minn Kota®’s cone angle measures 14 degrees at -3dB.

Another disadvantage is it won't give you the temp readings

FAQ — Universal Sonar
    Does Minn Kota®’s Universal Sonar transducer support temperature and speed functions?
    There are no common/universal methods between sonar manufacturers for sensing temperature and speed, therefore Universal Sonar does not support these functions.

Here is the link to where I'm getting this info; http://www.minnkotamotors.com/support/faq.asp?pg=sonar

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast