Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kota Terrova or Minn Kota Riptide ST??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Terrova or Minn Kota Riptide ST??

Looking to purchase one of these units. Looking at the 80 lb model with the I-pilot feature. Leaning more toward the Riptide ST with the 54" shaft and buying the foot pedal separate....I don't really have the extra room for the 60" model of the Terrova. This will be going on a Triton TR-18 bass boat if that makes a difference.

Anybody have any pros/cons for these two units??

Thanks

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're going to be running it in brackish or salt water get the Riptide ST. If you're strictly fishing fresh water, go with the Terrova. You have several shaft lengths to choose from and some on here have cut longer shafts off.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    If you're going to be running it in brackish or salt water get the Riptide ST. If you're strictly fishing fresh water, go with the Terrova. You have several shaft lengths to choose from and some on here have cut longer shafts off.
    X2. If your not in salt or brackish not worth extra coin, really can't go wrong with either Maybe I'm wrong but I think 54" would be a bit long for your boat? I have a 45" shaft on a lowe stinger and it's plenty long enough just saying I got a 60" the first time and sent it back for the 45. I'm guessing your boat sits the same or a little lower in the water.
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

Post Thanks / Like

What they said!

Post Thanks / Like

Couch has riptide in classifieds,I know for a fact it has next to no hrs.on it,as I know the older gentleman whom he bought the boat from it was on. Boat was used twice.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 80 pd riptide st on my tx18 and its a hoss. Same hull mine just has noncorrosive components and no carpet. My buddy has the Terrova on his tr18 and loves his too!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with a couple of guides that ran Riptides before I bought mine 3 years ago. i have an AP not I-Pilot. No issues. I thought the sealed components were worth the extra coin for the longevity of a pretty expensive unit. Price what replacing the boards might be, I don't want to pay that down the road. Wish I had bought the ST80 AP instead of mine just for the I-Pilot. Love my motor. Trolling is a pleasure with it and the I-Pilot would be even more hands off than what I have and have a foot pedal which I lose if I install the I-Pilot module.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around