Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 Foot Champion?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20 Foot Champion?

This older fellow I know has a fiberglass 20 Champion bass boat that has been re gel coated in the last 3 yrs and hasn't been used much since. the motor is a 2.6 evinrude (I think that's a 235 H.P.) that was rebuilt at the same time as the boat was re gel coated. He won't take any less than $7000. 00 for it. It also has a 24 volt 70 lb thrust trolling motor that's 2 yr's old. Trailer, boat and motor looks like new and transom is solid. The bad the electronic are very old. Has dual console with a flasher mounted in dash. Every thing works. New tires on trailer to include spare. It's been sitting for over a year and he says if I buy it he wants to take to local marine shop to have all carbs cleaned and motor tuned. I know the guy and he's 82 years old and bought the boat new. After all this what's it worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20 Foot Champion?

We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20 foot champion boat

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    You know I really have trouble buying older boats that are real nice by the NADA price. I run into the same problem with older trucks that are extra clean they always seem to sell for more than they book for. This boat is really nice and NADA doesn't ask for condition. Since your a boat dealer do you feel like $7000. is to high. Also have you ever had any champions on your lot and if so whats your opinion on. them. I appreciate any advice you could give. Also any experience with the motor that's on it. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

What year is it? 2000-2007 are very good models. Ride good in rough water . Coming from someone who fishes lake of ozarks alot and have rode in some fine champions.
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have ran several Champions over the years. They are great boats with a great ride. On older boats most if the value is in the motor. Take it out for a test ride and have the compression checked.

Post Thanks / Like

What year is it? What model, Elite, etc.? Single or double axle trailer? More motor info. would help.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20 Foot Champion

Quote Originally Posted by peculiarmike View Post
    What year is it? What model, Elite, etc.? Single or double axle trailer? More motor info. would help.
    Sorry about that I should have posted that info. It's a 1987 and I don't know the model but I do need to find that out. The motor is a 1987 evinrude 2.6 liter with stainless steel prop. again I don't know the model and i should. The trailer is a single axle. I think it's a little high but I can't afford the price of a new fiberglass boat and it's hard to find an older one in this kind of shape. Let me know what you think. Today I will try to get more info on the boat and motor. Thanks for the reply.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be a little high for the year but with all that's been done to it will make up some of the price. There will be a lot of boats on the market for the next couple months. It pays to not be in a hurry when looking at used boats. Sometimes worth the wait to find exactly what you are after.
    Likes ragnar, beagle man, peculiarmike, Stoney79 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. That's way high for an '87. Be patient, they will start popping up like mushrooms soon.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Awful high imo also. You can do a lot better for $7000.
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast