Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lights/ night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default lights/ night fishing

ok ive been interested in some night fishing. my main question is do you have to have your lights floating in the water? i was thinking of having my lights mounted on poles and shining out on the water beside the boat. will this bring the fish in or do they have to float or submerge? tell me if im way off base here.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I talked with a friend a while back that hung his lights about a food over the top of the water, with other lights submerged. He told me he thinks the ones a foot over the water does just as good. As long as you can draw in the baitfish looks like it should work to me.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I've Tried Floating And Submergable And I Think The Submergable
    Does A Lot Better, Seems Like Green Works The Best

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

what im wondering is do the lights have to touch the water at all? could they just hang out over it a foot or two above it/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bama647
    what im wondering is do the lights have to touch the water at all? could they just hang out over it a foot or two above it/
    submersibles, floaters and suspended lights all work. its just a matter of personal preferences
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

thanks rango thats what i thought i just couldnt find it written down anywhere. ive got a plan for using a couple of truck headlights.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO-the submersable lights seem to give off more light. I really like a flounder gigging light. If you decide to get one, try to find one with a long handle since the ones at Bass Pro are not long enough for my liking. I also like the Q-beam light as well. I also have a floating light but I use it as a back-up and sometimes as a light in the boat. It's just a matter of what you like.