Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Advice

Hello everyone looking for a little advice. I have a G3 1652 the boat has no storage I plugged the livewell and am using it as a storage box. The boat also has no seating so when you run the boat your sitting on the back deck and it doesn't make for a good ride in rough water and I mostly fish big water lakes. I am considering selling my boat and buying a War Eagle 754 its got a little more V so it should ride better plus with the seats making long runs shouldn't be a problem. The boat even has a little storage. My question is does anyone run one of these boats and if so how do they ride and fish, also does this seem like a good move. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Same ride. All mod-v's ride rather rough in rough water.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an 860 War Eagle. I bought it with a full length gun (rod) box. Between it and the storage under the step down deck I have all the storage I need. The front deck accommodates two seats with room turn around. Plenty of room and plenty of storage.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark, I run a 754VS stick steer. On decent water it rides pretty good but like Bill said mod V's can get rough in a hurry.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Before commiting to anything, you can never have too much storage. I will say this, it is so nice to leave ALL of your gear in the boat at all times (catfish, bass,crappie gear). When you get ready to fish......just hook up to the boat trailer and go! And when ya get home same story! Before I bought my boat with all the storage, it cost be 30 mintes both coming and going. Too much time wasted for me. You pick whatever make and model you wish. You will be satisfied if ya have enuf storage.