Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spray on bed liners

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spray on bed liners

I was talking to JWhite a week or so ago and he mentioned that he thought about spraying this stuff in his boat. I need to rebuild my deck and recarpet it. But I also thought about spraying mine.

Has anyone used this stuff in there boat? Is it hard to apply? Any pro or cons?

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who is a Catfish Guide on Lake Ozark in Missouri. He has a 20' cabin boat and he had the entire inside of the boat sprayed with the Rino Covering. He loves it and the clean up after the day fishing is as easy as just spraying it out. He has a pump on the boat where he can clean his cutting boards as he goes. The bilge pump below deck extracts the water. The footing is not slick and the sound proofing is great. He had the black put in but I think you can get other colors now.
    I don't think you would like carpet installed over the covering because I don't know how well the adhesives would work.
    Last edited by bobberdown; 12-26-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I took my 16' xpress and had the rhino liner dealer spray it. I think it turned out great. I put the aluminum floor and back deck in and it is seamless. Here are some photos...

Good luck with your decision,

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

It works great. We use it a duck boat. You don't slide with wet boots and you can just wash out the mud and stuff and it's clean and don't freeze like carpet will.

If I redo do my boat or get new a new one it will be done that way. I really like the looks of bluegilln's boat.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Will this stuff stick to fiberglass? I am thinking about pulling up the carpet and redoing it sometime. I would like to do something like this for the easy clean up. Just wondering.

Oh the boat looks great, too.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

that stuff will stick to about anything, should not be a problem at all

Post Thanks / Like

It will stick to anything.We even had it sprayed on wood and it stuck just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for some good info on this subject guys I'm also thinking about doing the same thing in my boat and getting rid of the carpet.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

The rhino liner will not stick to plastic. If you really scratch up the fiberglass it might stick but I'm not sure. The photos of my boat are just after I finished pressure washing 2" of mud and fish blood out of it after a snagging trip down the river. It is almost maintenance free. It does not get hot like bare metal but it is not as cool as carpet. It does weigh quite a bit, I only had them spray about an 1/8 inch on mine. It has held up well considering what I have done to it....dogs, mud, blood, fish guts, spilled cokes, you name it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default old fiberglass boat floors

I have heard of guys repairing old fiberglass boat flooring then having Rino lining sprayed in. The new flooring is then harder than a new fiberglass boat flooring. I have heard nothing but good about Rino lining used in boats or even pickup beds.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast