Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: marion co lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default marion co lake

out that way this morn 5 fishin the heated dock no catchin 3 were locals 1 from newton beautiful little body of water

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for putting this on the board for us to think about! KDWPT listed as a Good rating.

Gonz

Post Thanks / Like

They are there around that heated dock they are just real hit and miss some days good fishing others suck. Think it has some to do with pressure since jigs are literally in there face everyday all winter. Have seen underwater camera showing fish all around people on the docks and no takers. Around Jan 1st there was limits of decent fish being taken!
    Likes springhillwantabe, CaptainT16 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thinkin' boat and ledges may be the way to go up there. I've fished the dock over the past 8 years intemittently and have never really had a good catch going. I thnk skinner hit iton the nose: those fish around the dock see so many jigs and minnows that they just figure to wait to feed at 3am or something lol!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there at 3 am and there people there and the fish aren't biting then either.....

Post Thanks / Like

I was there the day you stopped by. The cycle this year is about a month behind normal. Usually the bluegill and drum are thick in February, then the crappie start up in March. This year, the bluegill are thick now, with an occasional crappie. The annual tournament was on 3/14, and the largest fish award was for an 11.5 inch fish. Yesterday afternoon, the crappie were hitting good......one of the regulars caught 30 that were over 10". I am looking forward to warmer weather, and getting the boat out. Getting tired of the dock.
    Likes springhillwantabe LIKED above post