Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig dilemma

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig dilemma

Hi Folks,
    Rookie here looking for more information. Was getting ready to sort my Jigs last night and they spilled all over the table.
    Now I have all these Jig's heads from a variety of different manufactures. Very difficult to tell by size, etc what weighs what.
    1/16 ox, 1/8 oz, etc. Any help on how I can seperate them, is there a scale or as a Rookie am I just missing something.

Any guidence appreciated...I have learned that weight is very important so I want to get it right.

Thanks

Kevin
    Keep Calm and Fish On

Post Thanks / Like

How about a gunpowder scale?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    How about a gunpowder scale?
    Been checking ...Walmart has some cheap digital scales for around 10 bucks, just may go that route....Just need something that can measure down to the 1/32 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

A cheap balance scale and a jig head of know weights should help ya sort them out if you can't look at them and tell the difference.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is even if you weigh them they still are off due to mold defects and such. I would just lay them out on a table and sort them by looking at their size. Once done with each "pile" do it again until you get the sizes and styles separated like you want.
    I have a box of old heads laying around and can go in the box and pull out the size head I need based on my years of experience. But you can learn this by sorting all those heads and save yourself some money on scales and stuff.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes NIMROD, vic n LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Kickingback is right if you put them side by side there is a good bit of differents in 1/16 and1/8 .

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have many Jig heads, some are solid lead, some steel I even have some tungsten. I think I can get it pretty close just comparing sizes, but I can still feel a slight difference in
    weight even with ones that are the same size. But I will get this worked out some how. And when I do I will post it here.

Many Thanks

Kevin

Keep Calm and Fish On