Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for jigs I used to use!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for jigs I used to use!

Back in the 90's I used to go to Walmart and buy crappie jigs. They were 1/64 oz but they were the size of 1/4 oz jigs. Head was same size hook the same pipe cleaner body with 4 hairs hanging from the bottom. Not sure what the head was made of but if you squeezed it too hard between your fingers you could almost flatten it so i know they weren't lead. Have not been able to find them in many many years but they were my favorite jigs to use for crappie and nothing else works as good here in northeast ohio! Can anyone help me locate them or find out what they were called.

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I can think of that is remotely close, is a "floating jig head" head is made of some type of foam. Maybe with the added body and tail it wouldn't float....

Post Thanks / Like

I used to sale a jig head that was a bass type jig and it was called a Slow Fall Jig. It had a lot of plastic in the head and was used to flip for bass.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. You might post this in the jig tying forum and the tiers could probably help you there. You can also send a PM to Skiptomylu or to Fatman in the jig tying forum.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.