Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Jig Pole {Vertical jig fishing}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Jig Pole {Vertical jig fishing}

Hi,

I am looking for a good quality crappie jig pole....I will be mostly vertical jigging in bamboo mats or bucket type condos...I have bucks best ultralite jig pole....That I will be using...Might be a little ultralite for the boo jigging?...I also have tw of the 10ft bucks graphite jig poles....Those two rods are for using the slip bobber over the bamboo etc...Just need to get me a couple good quality jig poles that will work good jigging in the boo..I would appreacite any suggestions....I am willing to pay up to $60 bucks or so..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you tried

a Sam Heaton Super Sensitive rod?

If there is a more sensitive rod than those I'd like to hear about them. You can feel the slightest tap or watch the tip move ever so slightly without feeling anything they are that sensitive. I've got 2 12' rods and really like them. When the water gets cold as it is around here now those rods are the only ones I use when I go. I've got a couple of St Croix 6'6" rods but I generally use those when casting small jigs. I've never tried one when tight linning but I'm sure they would work very well.

Good luck to ya

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I'll put up the 7ft 2" Outlaw pole against the best of them. It is the best pole I have every used.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Does outlaw rods have an official website to check out there rods etc?...I see that grizzly has the outlaw rods...So how ultralite are the 10 rods plus.....I have narrowed it down to a 10 ft sam heaton super sensitive rod or a 10ft outlaw rod...I think the 10ft outlaw rod is around $37 at the grizzly website...The sam heaton super sensitive rod 10ft is $45 at the grizzly website...

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye
    Last edited by jcd; 12-25-2006 at 01:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try This Site

Post Thanks / Like

I have them both. 10 ft Sam Heatons and 11 ft Outlaws. Outlaws have the painted tips but I have to believe that the Heaton is more sensative. Also... break a tip and BnM can replace it. Look at the Russ Bailey 10.5 that Crappie Wizard may be dealing on. BnM will soon be making them.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Outlaw also has replacement tip sections available. Sensitivity isn't an issue for my slip float rods since we have the rods in rod holders and we're watching our floats rather than the rods tips for bites.

The Sam Heaton Super Sensitive is a great rod for vertical jigging. I just wish they made it with a foam handle like the Sam Heaton Signature Series they used to make.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I think I am going to go with the sam heaton 10 ft rod...It cost a little more than the outlaw 10ft rod...But, I am willing to pay a little more..

Jerry I purcahsed two b'n'm' 10 ft jig poles for the slip bobber method....I think I will be ok since I won't be fishing with the rods nearly every day etc...

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeremy:

You'll be real happy with the 10' B&M poles for slip-float fishing. Once you get used to doing a little pendulum swing so the line is pulling straight out the end of your rods when you deploy your slip-floats you won't have any trouble with the stops hanging up.

But for folks that aren't used to handling long poles it's easier for them to just open the bail and let the line out until the bobber stop get's down to the float. I've had very good service out of the B&M poles and haven't had any break on me that weren't previosly damaged in some way.

Both of the Pflueger Microspin rods that have broken on me probably got dropped against a rail or damage in some way too but apparently they are a lot easier to damage than the B&Ms because both broke within a few months of purchase and I didn't break any B&M rods during that time and I have several that have been in use for three our four years.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com