Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outlaw Rods

I'd like to get some input on Outlaw rods from those that have used them. I've been using B&M rods for years and have been happy with them but I've decided to go with all 10-foot rods and B&M's ten-footers have really small eyes, which tend to cause our bobber stops to hang up some.

Pflueger makes a 10-foot spinning rod with larger eyes and I thought I was going to really like them but I've already broken the two I have and they don't offer replacemnt tip sections.

Basically what I am looking for is a durable, 10-foot spinning rod (or jig pole with larger eyes) with a foam handle that I can get replacement tip sections for.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry.......I've got a couple of those 10' rods

Mine get used hard by those that fish with me. I feel like the outlaw rods are a tad more sensitive and maybe a tad lighter than the two 10' Richard Williams rods I have. I've used mine for 2 years now and no problems out of them. Some of the guys that fish with put bends in those rods from being hung up and lifting fish over the side of the boat. I'm surprised one hasn't been broken yet as well as the RW rods. Nobody uses my SHSS rods but me.

I'm satisfied will them and the eyes are a little larger. There's a show coming up in a couple of weeks just south of Indy and I'm going up there to look at the longer Outlaw rods. CharlieH will be there and I believe the show in Louisville a few weeks later.

I'd be interested in finding out where the different rod companies get their blanks from.

Maybe CharlieH will send you some to try out or make you a special deal.

If I like the feel of the longer Outlaw rods I'm going to try a couple of them out for trolling.

Thanks for the Christmas Card E-mail and may you and your family have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

No fishing this weekend for me. This will be the first weekend I haven't been out in months heck it's raining here anyway.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing with 2 of there 11' models for the last 2 years. I've tried several other brands with no luck. I love the sensitivity of the outlaw for the late winter bites

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outlaw Fishing Poles

I use them all. I fish over 240 days a year and have not has one brake yet.
    If Charlie H won't give you a good deal I will. But Charlie is closer than I.Have a great day and Merry Christmas to all

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, I looked at the Outlaw rods when I was at Grizzly last week. I should have bought one to try it out and let you get a look at the tip eye. They are certainly bigger than the tip eye on the BnM 10'. I can go back and pick some up. Just let me know.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry,

I was just on the net looking for some rod myself. Found the one at Bass Pro. Wally Marshell rods. They come with a reel as well and up to 14ft I think.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Can't tell much about them for here. What yall think?
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slipcork
    Hey Jerry,

I was just on the net looking for some rod myself. Found the one at Bass Pro. Wally Marshell rods. They come with a reel as well and up to 14ft I think.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Can't tell much about them for here. What yall think?
    Only problem I have with Wally Marshal rods is that you can't get replacement tip sections for them unless something has changed.

I think one reason I never break any B&M rods has to do with "Murphy's Law". As long as I have a couple extra tip sections around I never need them.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, that sounds like my luck. Just wish mine got broke fishin, not in the shop.

I'm gonna get me about two 14ft rigs and give them a try I think.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

so do you use a spinning reel with those small eyes on the 10 foot b&m rods
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    I'd like to get some input on Outlaw rods from those that have used them. I've been using B&M rods for years and have been happy with them but I've decided to go with all 10-foot rods and B&M's ten-footers have really small eyes, which tend to cause our bobber stops to hang up some.

Pflueger makes a 10-foot spinning rod with larger eyes and I thought I was going to really like them but I've already broken the two I have and they don't offer replacemnt tip sections.

Basically what I am looking for is a durable, 10-foot spinning rod (or jig pole with larger eyes) with a foam handle that I can get replacement tip sections for.
    Big eyes. Amen. I use the plastic bobber stopper with the four holes drilled in them. I also use a min #6 line, most time #8 line to help with the slipping of the stopper. I do a lot of casting from my boat dock (mainly because I am too lazy to put a boat in the water). I put a little vaseline in the eyes (with a cotton swab) before I start casting. This helps keep the plastic stopper from sticking as it slides thru the rings. I can reach 100 ft with my Richard Williams 10 foot pole. It has them big eyes. This is when I hook them minnows thru the eyes and use my minner keeper. This keeps me from slinging the minner all the way to Paris Landing. Years and years and years of practice here. Just to share.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast