Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappie nibbles.. Seriously do they work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie nibbles.. Seriously do they work?

I have never used them. And I have come across posts here about guys using them.
    This year I'm looking at fishing more jigs(hair and plastic) both casting and under a float.
    I usually use wax worms if I'm going to tip my jigs. But sometimes forget them or am out and don't always like having to have a supply all time. Also my dad has been fishing with me more in the spring time and he like tipping. Or he will just fish minnies.

So do they really work?
    And if I was to get a jar or 2 to try what colors do you recomend to tip my jigs with?

Post Thanks / Like

yes they do work. i was on a pier fishing with a few others and the bite was non-existing. a guy handed out a couple to us on the pier and said give them a try we all started to get a few bites. Now we didnt catch a lot of fish but it sure did improve from nothing at all. there has been other occasions where i have used them with some degree of success. i think it adds a little bit of sent to help trigger strikes. as far as color i have used pink and yellow. get a can and try them out you never know

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes they work very well. Sometimes they don't seem to make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Gewbers: Gewbers jig enhancing scented bait

Here's the Gewbers Results Forum: http://www.crappie.com/crappie/gewbe...eedback-forum/

They are very similar, but they stay on the hook lots longer.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the do help but I prefer the sprays like gulp not that the spray is any better just more convenient for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys
    Slab. You sent me some gewbers to try a while back.
    I was one of the guys that got the flattened/ melted packs. They was kinda tough to try like that. I had some luck with them but they was flat and I had some trouble keeping them on the hook. Did you guys get that corrected? If I remember there was something about the mail that was flattening them?

Post Thanks / Like

I like the white chroma glow crappie nibbles. I won't fish a jig without them must be a confidence thing... Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
    Thanks guys
    Slab. You sent me some gewbers to try a while back.
    I was one of the guys that got the flattened/ melted packs. They was kinda tough to try like that. I had some luck with them but they was flat and I had some trouble keeping them on the hook. Did you guys get that corrected? If I remember there was something about the mail that was flattening them?
    Yes, we changed the recipe slightly. The new ones are no where near as prone to melt.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Sometimes they work very well. Sometimes they don't seem to make a difference.
    Yes. Some days they want to smell it before they hit it, other days they are looking to taste it first.

Post Thanks / Like

I like em alot as long as I have a means to inject em. Bait pumps are very rare anymore and my supply of large syringes has dried up. Use slab jelly by Bobby Garland and Pro cure panfish mostly now. Gonna try some fishbites shrimp flavor soon.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast