Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a little fun on stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default a little fun on stockton

Hey bugman those sockeyes are a prized possession in barry county we cook them up and feed them to the coon's and crows,and chicks, another good day Sunday on the windy one. caught 30 kept 15 some in the 12to 13in. range. no walley! the one sat was full of eggs the crappie didn't have any eggs at all. out of the fifteen only 5were males go figure
    by the by hope you aint usin the rod dont want it to get any bad habits. you know catchin lots of crappie

white,black/charturse-with sparkles,orange
    3to 5ft. flats slightly stained no wind.. clouds not much
    slow trowling electric motor. in the open not many over brush

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're gettin on em beagle....you're about to talk me into hittin the flats.that shiney new rod and tip is wrapped in plastic just waitin on ya ole buddy,it'll be ready for some of those southern Mo slabs and walleye.Now i have a question for ya,how in the hell do you tell the difference in male and female fish?i thought the only way was the egg sac
    BTW...i think i must have a little crow in me so bring me that nasty walleye...feed me!!!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Now bugman I guess I forgot to tell you I fileted the crappie it makes it so much easier to eat then If they have eggs they are female and if they dont they probably are male move to the head of the class.

Post Thanks / Like

Now you really have me confused,you said that they had no eggs at all but that only 5 were males

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Now you really have me confused,you said that they had no eggs at all but that only 5 were males
    OK one more try I sometimes think to fast and move to slow. when I cleaned the fish 5 were males you can tell by the little white sack you know for fertlizing the eggs and the females dont have that, so If the white sac isnt present walla female but with no eggs. either they didnt make eggs or their is something wrong with them or something in the water still cofussed call me.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle Man- this might be a stupid question, why do the females have so many eggs already? I have cleaned 93 in the last two trips and it seemed like 70% where female with eggs. Are they already producing them for spring? Also, I grew up on stockton lake until I moved to Kansas in the early 1990s and havent fished it since. Its kind of a shame, beautiful lake and only about an 1 1/2 hours away, my cousin still owns a resturant there.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face those things

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    now bug's when you went to IHS didnt they teach that class about bird's and bees:D or did you skip that day -----fuzzzzzzzy:p good job beagle keeper up
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the reproductive traits of crappie but the way he put it was kind of confusing to me.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

OK if no one else will take it.
    Ya like it is hard to confuse ya.:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

LOL no kidding.Sorry Ed ya just beat me to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast