Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go to jig color

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go to jig color

So far with the little amount I have used jigs I think the black/chartruse seems to be an always good color. I have been catching a few fish with it on just a hook tipped with a minnow and on a lead head. Do I need to change up more.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

If it ain't broke don't fix it , orange works well early spring , If your on fish and are catching them try different colors see what they like more or not at all. It changes everyday and sometimes by the hour . Take good notes air temps water temps water clarity time of day sunny cloudy, what color worked that day etc refer back to your notes when you are struggling you have a priceless little black book in a few years
    Crappie Attitude
    US NAVY Veteran
    Find Them Grind Them

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger View Post
    So far with the little amount I have used jigs I think the black/chartruse seems to be an always good color. I have been catching a few fish with it on just a hook tipped with a minnow and on a lead head. Do I need to change up more.
    Tony ... I don't use blk/char very much, but I do use blue/char & green/char a lot. Never hurts to have a little bit of color range to choose from. While I have caught Crappie on about every color & color combination you can imagine ... if I was to have to break it down to just a handful, I'd probably go with :

blk/char
    blue/char
    green/char
    solid chartreuse
    solid pink
    "albino shad" (Panfish Assassin color ... light purple back / semi-clear white belly)

But, of course, if you ask someone else ... you may get a whole different lineup of colors and color combos

... cp

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bobby Garland baby shad , patriot on a pink head . purple /chartreuse is also a favorite Crappie logic on site ties a great jig . these are a drop in the bucket as to what I carry but one or the other will start the day . patriot in clear/stained and purple in dirty water . Muddy black chart . or black /blue .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ya'll. At least I'm kinda headed in the right direction.
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

For the lake I fish, Bobby Garland Baby Shad in Monkey Milk, Electric Chicken, and Chartreuse/ Bone white.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

The weather and the lake you fish at will decide the color that is best for you. I too use black/chartreuse most of the time, even on my hand ties. The water clarity usually is the deciding factor. I have good luck also with Blue Ice color on the same lakes I use the blk/char. I personally like to try colors I have never tried each time I go out to see what the crappie will do. Hope it helps.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

In my LOC blk/chrt, pearl white,blue grass. Bobby Garland baby shad

Post Thanks / Like

Shad colors can't be beat. Nature gives us the best colors shad minnows. Dark to white catches them like dynamite..
    Likes Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I use purple metal flake / chartreuse tubes more than all the rest. Never use minnows or nibbles just fish tubes on a jig head.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast