Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Winter Projects

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Projects

This is really starting to get old! Yesterday morning when I went to crank up the DuraMax Diesel at 7AM it was 19 below zero!! Unplug, let the glow plug do it's thing a little longer and fired right up. Today up in the thirties with 6" of snow, Sunday back to Zero or below. Not getting much done on my new Pondtoon! a couple weeks ago I did manage to get my new 20HP Yamaha and MinnKota Maxxum trolling motor installed. They look great!! Got all the tackle boxes cleaned out and reorganized to fit the Pondtoon storage areas. Now working on rod and reel maintenance and line replacement. All this from my easy chair in the den!! How often do you guys replace line if you use Nanofil or good quality braids??? I use fluorocarbon leader of the same or lighter # test and change it all the time. One more question! Been looking at my State Farm Boat Insurance and not real satisfied. Who do you guys insure with? Any good or bad experiences with claims??? Thanks for any help, pray for spring and some good crappie outings!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. We had similar temps this morning starting off too. Suppose to get another 6" of snow tonight....then it turns "cold" again! UGH! I don't want to start fiddling with my gear just yet. If I do....I'll go nuts with the need to wet a line. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Zinger ... Don't use Nanofil, but I totally replace mono or copoly about every two years, unless I get to fish a lot more often than normal, then it's every Spring (prior to the first trip out). Braid I don't change ... I either flip it around on the spool, or just cut a few feet off the tag end if it's showing wear/frayed. I'll replace however much I've put on the reel, once I've lost enough of it that when I'm using it ... it might spool out to where I've tied it to the mono backing.

Feel your pain about the weather, dude ... we've gotten hammered this past week, & next week don't look much better as far as temps.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I usually respool my rods with mono 2-3 times a year, flrocarbon prob once and braid stay on for several years. thinking about giving P-line floraclear this year. It's supposed to be invisible underwater but has some stretch to it and floats like mono I beleave. Plus it's not as expensive as Florocarbon. Where abouts u from in PA Zinger.

Post Thanks / Like

Zinger,
    I had Farm Bureau boat insurance. Priced Progressive,same coverage on boat and liability, but was able to increase personal content coverage $2500. Saved me $102 a year.
    I would also price Geico, since the were a big sponsorof the BassMaster Classic this past weekend and advertising their boat insuance.