Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CACA in Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

Post Thanks / Like

Default CACA in Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you have to have an online subscription to view it. I think it was in the paper yesterday.
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I read it. I'll get hammered for this....... I don't do tournaments. Lots of reasons. Not adamant, just don't like participating. Fishing is more than that to me. BUT, after spending a few years on here.........and then reading what this guy said in the paper (and I'm sure he's a great guy, I just don't know him), I had to chuckle. You HAVE to tell where you caught 'em, exactly, how, how deep, what color, what time of day, etc. Seriously? I mean, I'm asking a serious question. Do the guys that I read about on this board DO that when they win these tournaments????

Clearly, there are Pros and then there is Me. I get that. (Heck, I bet a guy the other day that CP could catch 20 crappie on Lake Conway "on demand", any day, any time, and the guy thought I was crazy. I was willing to go big bucks, and that scared him off. But it's clear I think, that I'm right on that) So, I'd almost like to go to a weigh in just to hear the winner(s) tell me every detail of how they did it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    I read it. I'll get hammered for this....... I don't do tournaments. Lots of reasons. Not adamant, just don't like participating. Fishing is more than that to me. BUT, after spending a few years on here.........and then reading what this guy said in the paper (and I'm sure he's a great guy, I just don't know him), I had to chuckle. You HAVE to tell where you caught 'em, exactly, how, how deep, what color, what time of day, etc. Seriously? I mean, I'm asking a serious question. Do the guys that I read about on this board DO that when they win these tournaments????

Clearly, there are Pros and then there is Me. I get that. (Heck, I bet a guy the other day that CP could catch 20 crappie on Lake Conway "on demand", any day, any time, and the guy thought I was crazy. I was willing to go big bucks, and that scared him off. But it's clear I think, that I'm right on that) So, I'd almost like to go to a weigh in just to hear the winner(s) tell me every detail of how they did it!!!

Yes Sir we do ask the top 3 teams many questions about how they fished,which area, what they used, and how they figure out what others did not! You should join us for the weigh in on Lake Conway March 7! There 's a lot of guys from Crappie.com that fish with us and lot of guys that just come to the weigh Ins. It is a much different pace then a Bass tournament! Thanks for asking
    Jason
    Rockport Rattler.com. B'n'M Pole Company
    Ranger Boats-Driftmaster rod holders
    Muddy water baits. Engel Coolers
    Central Arkansas Crappie Association.com
    Likes Crappie Greg, ski trip LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

this is exactly what we do, you can learn something most of the time even if its just a small piece of the puzzle,thats one of the great things about fishing these tourneys you learn to find fish on new bodies of water under all types of weather conditions and times of the year, i have learned allot and it will teach you to think outside the box!!!!
    Midsouth Tackle
    Likes humblerev1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, outstanding! It just seems.......um........."different" than what I see here. Not that here is bad, or anything of the sort. Just..........that's really different.

I may be there! Where is weigh in?

And thanks for the nice replies.

Post Thanks / Like

weight in will be at highway landing across from Baites Field and Stream
    Midsouth Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Well, outstanding! It just seems.......um........."different" than what I see here. Not that here is bad, or anything of the sort. Just..........that's really different.

I may be there! Where is weigh in?

And thanks for the nice replies.
    Yes sir! The weigh in will be at Hi-way landing at 430pm March 7th, it's the landing before you get to Hwy 89 bridge. Hope you can make the weigh in!
    Jason
    Rockport Rattler.com. B'n'M Pole Company
    Ranger Boats-Driftmaster rod holders
    Muddy water baits. Engel Coolers
    Central Arkansas Crappie Association.com

Post Thanks / Like

Have yall ever given any thought to maybe having a separate division for amateurs or weekend anglers or whatever you want to call em?

Guys that maybe feel like they'd be throwing their money away fishing against "pros".

Post Thanks / Like

Default CACA in Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

Quote Originally Posted by arkman View Post
    Have yall ever given any thought to maybe having a separate division for amateurs or weekend anglers or whatever you want to call em?

Guys that maybe feel like they'd be throwing their money away fishing against "pros".
    not a single member that fish with this club makes a living fishin tourneys not sure what your definition of "pro" is but we dont have any , some have been fishing tournements for several years but all are just weekend anglers looking to improve there abilities and techniques to catch fish, good fun for anybody willing to put in the time make new friends and learn from others
    Midsouth Tackle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast