Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Motor Cable Replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor Cable Replacement

Hey guys I wanted to try and get some feedback on a new item I have purchased. I have replaced my trolling motor cable several times over the last couple of years, and tried several different types of cord including 550 para cord ran through tubing to prevent fraying.. Well, I came across this little jewel on Blackbear Sporting Goods website the other day. Its called the Gforce Trolling Motor Cable.. Lifetime warranty, and guaranteed not to brake or fray.. Anyone one here ever tried these? If so, give me some feed back please. I purchased one for me, and also got my friend one for his minn kota.. Individual price was $30 each, and shipping was kinda hefty coming in at $10, but if it saves us from having to do an on the water fix, it was well worth it..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Bump - I have seen these and thought about buying one for my boat, but given the price tag it would be nice to know what others think of them who might already have one installed....

Post Thanks / Like

Made by T-H marine(jackplate Mfg). Bass Pro Shops sell it for $39.99 in their catalog,page 478. Academy Sports is possibly carrying it.

Post Thanks / Like

read a review on that several months ago. several people said the handle was made out of plastic and cracked after just a few uses. another guy reported the bead on the end that holds the cable in the release bar came off. another person had the same issues and had called the company. he was told they were aware of the issues and were working to resolve the problem meanwhile the sent him a new one. that was at least 6 months ago so in may be fine now.

Post Thanks / Like

+2 ^^^ I read the same thing. Hope it works well for ya!
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

The original rope started breaking within the first year i had it. I put a pull rope for a lawnmower on it 2 years ago. So far no problems.
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabyanker View Post
    The original rope started breaking within the first year i had it. I put a pull rope for a lawnmower on it 2 years ago. So far no problems.
    Mine kept breaking and replaced with lawn mower pull rope also.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes Billbob, Slabyanker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I had trouble with mine breaking and used small coated aircraft cable to replace it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirBob View Post
    Made by T-H marine(jackplate Mfg). Bass Pro Shops sell it for $39.99 in their catalog,page 478. Academy Sports is possibly carrying it.
    I put one on my trolling motor this past summer. It has performed perfectly. I got it at Academy Sports.
    Life is good. Fishing is better.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Home Depot. Piece of coated cable and a pack of 2 clamps, use original handle about 10.00.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes feelay LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast