Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Favorite Winter Jigs? Bait?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Winter Jigs? Bait?

Hey anyone want to tell there favorite jigs and bait as well as maybe some presentations on crappie fishing?
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

I use tube jigs about 100% percent of the time,but i think a jigging spoon in about a 1/16-1/8 ounce size might be something to try.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kokanee King. It's been two years since I've had a boat to winter fish from but there are plenty of them to be had in Lake Union right now, night fishing being the best for numbers and size. I like to use 1/32 jig heads with a white skirted jig body, tipped with bait. It's hard to find good bait locally during winter here so I order bait from Wholesale Baits: http://www.wholesalebait.com/catalog.php?cat_id=1

Most all of the crappies will be feeding on plankton (you'll these crappies suspended in the middle of no were) or small insect larve on top of humps and rockpiles. There are a ton of deep water humps in Lake Union and this is were you'll find the crappies during the day. At night they'll move a little closer to points and deep water rock breaks (in the bays, and in parts of the ship canal near the UW) and be caught just about all night or until you get too cold to stay out there. You'll be vertical jigging 90% of the time.
    Last edited by SlabKing; 01-05-2005 at 07:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Slabking for all the info its a big help. I believe that i will be getting a lot more info form all of this and it is nice to see that there are some dedicated crappie fishermen in washington. Hey if you are ever heading down to "The Duck" and want to do some fishing, leave me a message and I will tell what i know which is not much and it is mostly what not to do, but it could help.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D