Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING!!!! Farmer rant on the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Default WARNING!!!! Farmer rant on the weather.

OK, bout at the breaking point and going all LT. Dan on Mother Nature. I've been nice and as patient as I can. But She is being a real $%^&# and just piling on now and it is just about time to throw something back on Her. Like a cussing this world has never heard! Will it help? probably not. Probably just pi$$ her off. But I will feel much better!CF
    Last edited by crappiefarmer; 02-16-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Cause Dayton is Short
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    Likes timd3200 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I already did that this morning, 18 degrees at 10:00 I turned the corner of a house on the Intercostal in Chesapeake carrying a 22' ladder, north wind caught it and cracked me in the head. The real estate agent and the client were inside and heard me, agent said she hadn't heard cussing like that since her dad passed. I asked if was retired Chief, she say yes and I said I was raised by one too and they both would be proud.
    Just heard up to 16" of snow expected up around Richmond, hope Dayton's wife gives him his hat with the flashing light on top so she can find him out sledding tomorrow.
    Likes crappiefarmer, Chasing Ghosts LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

OK. She slapped me hard today. Knocked out power froze my cars and trucks solid, made me slip and bust my azz. Got 1/4" ice over 1/2" of sleet. She did not even give me snow. Just the bad stuff. Now I'm going to talk snot about mother natures mother. Your momma is so ugly.....

Post Thanks / Like

We will always have weather of some sort.

Post Thanks / Like

1/2" of ice on top if 4" of snow here in OV. My truck went sideways halfway down the driveway this morning, gave up and went back to bed. The boss just called from Mexico on vacation wanting to know why nobody showed up today. Cussed her out good too.
    Likes crappiefarmer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Towed a crane down the bay last night. I tied up my Popsicle at 0330 and was in the truck at 0500. I never made it out of the parking lot, I just went back to the boat... New York bound in the morning...

i hate hate hate hate winter... Even more when it's snowy and icy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clear Solution View Post
    Towed a crane down the bay last night. I tied up my Popsicle at 0330 and was in the truck at 0500. I never made it out of the parking lot, I just went back to the boat... New York bound in the morning...

i hate hate hate hate winter... Even more when it's snowy and icy.
    Good grief! I bet that tow sucked in that weather.how long will it take to make it to NY?CF

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to pick up equipment in Baltimore, so I'm taking the c and d canal. That's put my trip right at 440 miles, one way. I average 4.5 knots with the barge, that puts me right at 100 hours, plus if I hold up any for weather.

Two days in New York, trapped on my steel island. I don't leave the boat... Bad things happen when you get off the island. Had to explain that to the owners more than a few times. Now I don't let the guys off unless it's for an airplane or a hospital.

And then I get the awesome fortune to bring it back, back to Baltimore to unload, and back to cheasapeake.

So for the next 10-12 days, the crappie, beers, chicken wings, and everything else I enjoy are safe. Sadly, this is a better gig than my last company. We ran offshore more, the carribean, South America, west coast... It was nothing to pull 40-50-60 days and get a week off to bring the boat (or tow home).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clear Solution View Post
    I've got to pick up equipment in Baltimore, so I'm taking the c and d canal. That's put my trip right at 440 miles, one way. I average 4.5 knots with the barge, that puts me right at 100 hours, plus if I hold up any for weather.

Two days in New York, trapped on my steel island. I don't leave the boat... Bad things happen when you get off the island. Had to explain that to the owners more than a few times. Now I don't let the guys off unless it's for an airplane or a hospital.

And then I get the awesome fortune to bring it back, back to Baltimore to unload, and back to cheasapeake.

So for the next 10-12 days, the crappie, beers, chicken wings, and everything else I enjoy are safe. Sadly, this is a better gig than my last company. We ran offshore more, the carribean, South America, west coast... It was nothing to pull 40-50-60 days and get a week off to bring the boat (or tow home).
    Bet you clear some pretty good cash though. I bet uncle Sam just loves you!

Post Thanks / Like

aint it the dang truth!! after not having a single job from 1st nov till 1st of jan got a little work been trickling in last 5-6 weeks- trying to get my head back above water again and here comes this crap! now got some work to do & cant get it done!! AAAGGGG! we ended up with 4-6" of GLOBAL WARMING here around danville & calling for another inch today!! and to boot its too dang cold to get outside & put the new helix on the boat while im sitting here twiddling my thumbs!
    My wife swears I only do enough surveying to support my hunting & fishing because I'm too busy hunting & fishing !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast