Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rigging Those Very Small (2-1/2") mini Craws ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rigging Those Very Small (2-1/2") mini Craws ?

Hi Folks,

Just wondering what you experts do.

Regarding rigging those really small mini-Craws, perhaps 2-1/2 inches or so:

do you, or should you, just put a simple hook thru the nose of, or do you go to the
    trouble of using an offset hook thru the nose, and then re-inserting it back in around the middle, as one would probably rig a normal 4" or 5" texas rigged worm ?

Couldn't find any video links for rigging these very small mini-Craws; know of any ?

Thanks,
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about bass baits if so most of them are trailer for jigs but you can use them all kinds of ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Default From OP: Rigging A Mini-Craw ?

Are you talking about bass baits if so most of them are trailer for jigs but you can use them all kinds of ways.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Actually was thinking of fishing them "by themselves," not as a trailer.

Lots of small stuff in the Pond I fish, and thought a really small Craw (2-1/2" or so) would be attractive to them.

I'm not much on fishing Jigs, so thought I would just put a hook into one of these very small Craws, and try it out.

Will experiment of course, but was wondering how any of you folks rig them to fish them alone ?

Just a simple hook thru their nose, or the conventional TR style with an offset hook and the point
    brought back thru the worm near its middle, but without any added weight.

Regards,
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I have put the on a shaky head Texas rig how ever you want to. In lakes with small bass I like it on a shaky head.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I put them on 1/16oz weedless jigheads, the same way I do tubes & grubs. And I'm using the 1.5" size ... and have caught Crappie using them (which is what I was fishing for).

A craw, of the size you're talking about, could be rigged pretty much any way you wanted ... as long as you use a hook that matches the size/length of the bait.

If I was looking to remove a number of "small stuff" from a pond, I'd probably use a 1/16oz marabou Roadrunner (chartreuse) and trim the tail hair up to about 1/2 inch from the bend of the hook. I've caught Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, Walleye, and a Tiger Muskie on such a bait.

... cp