Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Input on Elite-7 HDI Chirp?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Input on Elite-7 HDI Chirp?

I'm looking to purchase a new fish finder for the front of the boat with down scan. I would like to stay with Lowrance units. Bass Pro Has the Elite 7 on sale for 449.99 or the Elite 7 Chirp for 699.99. I would be interest in any feed back or comments. Don't know much about Chirp, if it was worth the extra or not. Didn't know if that's the way to go or just stay with traditional. Thanks.
    Be safe on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't need all the extra bells and whistles go with the elite 7 good units, I want to up grade my lowrance, but darn they work so good now I can't see changing, The 8 does all I need, good luck and do the research, it helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to replace one unit and looking at the Elite 7 Chirp or the Elite 7 HDI. Like you I'm wondering if it the Chirp is worth the extra $. I'm going to take a run up to Cabela's and see if I can find a knowledgeable electronics salesperson. I'd like to find a map card that has Lake Michigan contour and inland midwest. I picked up an Elite 5 HDI for the council and really like it.