Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on my son

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on my son

Well I have talked to his wife (my daughter-in-law) and she has been in contact with his team leader and the doctors in Baghdad. He is severely injured is the official term. His legs are burned pretty bad and hit buttocks had a big hit to the left side and exposed his femur it was so bad.

He is waiting on the weather in Iraq to go to Germany. Once in Germany the Army has given me a toll free number I can call to talk to him starting tomorrow. He will be in Germany for 1-3 days probably then moved to San Antonio Hospital for burn treatment. The Army will send his wife and kids to San Antonio as soon as he leaves Germany. They will also send me there and give me a per-diem for food and put me in a hotel.

Other than his wife I have had a call from the Dept. of the Army I think from Iraq. I also was contacted by the Army guys responsible for transportation to get us to him once back in the USA.

I must say the Army has been very good about contacting us and the face that his wife has a direct like to him in Iraq helps. Her info is better and more up to date than the Big Army as she calls them. But they have all given me phone number so I can check on him anytime. Also they told me once in Germany I will get a call from the doctors treating him.

Right now we are just thankful he's alive! I am so sorry for him as he put in so much hard work to get where he is in the Army. I mean he joined after 9/11 at 33 years old and n this year at 37 then he earned his Green Beret so we are very proud of him.

Thank You all for your support,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

our prayers for a speedy recovery are with your son and family skip, let us know if there is anything we can do

Post Thanks / Like

We are all proud of him and all the service men and women. Our prayer are for his quick recovery, and for you and your family. Hang in there Skip and keep us posted.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us informed and hang tough dad, he certainly is!!!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Skip! Are prayers are there for you and you son and his family.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Skip - Sounds like you have a lot to be proud of and thankful for this Xmas. We will keep him in our prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Skip , I worked in Brooke Army Hospital 1967-68. It Is excellent Hospital I had Lots burn guys, he is in good hands,even back then they were ahead of their time with burn patients and even more so now. My thoughts and prayers with all of you.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Skip

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Skip I have thought about your son and you since I read the morning post
    glad our are getting information that has to be a help---keep us posted and I,m proud of your son and all of his team mates --god bless them all --
    I,ll say a prayer for him tonight
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Skip my prayers go out to you and your son and family.My son is soon to deploy so this hits close to home.Hang in there and keep us informed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast